First Grow... Total Newbie.. Need Help...please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by snoooopy, Jul 28, 2014.

1. hi everyone. this will be my first grow. lotta help needed..
    ok this is my set up that i wanna buy friday.
    5x5 tent
    2 - taotronic 240w led
    1- 600w hid
    4 bucket dwc- no reservoir
    1- 4 hole 10 gallon hydro set
    advanced nutrients hobby kit
    ppm meter- whats a good one?
    ph meter
    thermometer for buckets.

seeds im ordering friday
    strain hunter money maker-5
    white widow x big bud-4
    bomb thc
    greenhouse the doc
    lemon kush
    genehtic kritikal bilbo
     all feminised
    im att total cost  860 i have 140 more in the budget.. what do i need

2. That extra money should be great for anything You need during the plants life. You seem to have a nice list of equipment.

Who knows, You might need any bug spray. Organic should be nice.

Oooooo. I don't see a fan in that list.
    Find a good one for the size of Your grow room.

Good luck and have a good day.

3. #3 NGP, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    Talk about putting the cart before the horse. That's a lot of equipment for a newbie who needs to know what the next step is, after purchasing items. 4 site DWC? Wow...brave doing DWC in your first time growing. Best of luck to you blade... all I will suggest is do lots of reading around here. You'll need it :D

Make sure you have a MH for veg, and HPS for flower when you flip from 18/6 to 12/12. If you understand that entire statement, then you are on the right track :bongin:

4. You got any fans in that lot mate inline and osc fans
    Im guessing you have light hangers
    And a thermometer for the canopy yea??
    Away of transporting water
    A syringe or messureing pot for nutes??
    Thinking of little things too
    Trimming sciccors
    Clone powder for any plants you wanna clone??
    Ph up and down??

auto help page http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-04-05-autoxtreme%C2%AE-loki_1624/

5. on the fans im getting an 6' carbon filter an fa. 
    how many osc fans would i need.

do i have too much light? or would a 400 be enough.

You don't need the carbon filter until she starts smelling, which will occur late in veg and then into flower much more abundantly. But you do need an inline fan (preferably) to move hot air out of the tent.

Osc fans, in a 5x5 tent...1

You don't have too much light in a 5x5 with 4 plants in DWC at 600w. You could step it up to 1000w but have a plan in play for cooling that space. Lots of air movement in and out needed in a tent even with 600w, but don't go any lower than that.

7. i have a mhs and a hps coming. i have about 20 books and stay online reading. i know its gone be a struggle. but gotta do it. im going to start a journal. 
     i cant clone for the first time because i would have nowwhere to put the clones when i go to 12/12. i will but a another tent if this grows goes good.

8. that inline fan would be on the outside of the tent hooked up to the 6' duct? how many cfm?

9. #11 NGP, Jul 29, 2014
    Sure, you could put it outside. Put the carbon filter inside the tent, if you're running a cooled hood, put the filter first, then connect to hood via 6" duct, then connect the hood to fan and pull the hot/carbon scrubbed air out of the tent and exhaust somewhere other than inside your room, because it's warm air unless that's a non issue for you.

This would be the traditional design, but you can relocate the inline fan outside the tent to pull air out, if sound isn't an issue. These fans get loud, some sound like small jet engines...same turbine fan design. So keep that in mind if you're putting it outside the tent. It will be very audible.

View attachment 1509196

You still need to pull in fresh cool air, so the vaccuum pressure caused by pulling that hot air out, will allow you to pull in cool air from another duct port in the tent. So run ducting to a cool source outside the tent that will supply fresh cold air. This is the 'passive intake' part. It's how I have my grow setup, although not in a tent, it's a common setup that works effectively. I don't cool my room with anything other than a passive intake to a cooler room, and my inline fan that pulls out all the heat from my 1000w HPS also draws in cool air from the vaccuum that occurs. My temps stay between 73-79 all the time whether I run my lights or not.

Also, if you can...run lights at night. Outside the tent is cooler, electric bills are lower, and if you're drawing in cooler air from outside, that will benefit you.

A 6" fan with a 5x5 under 600w would be fine with a 350+ CFM. But I would recommend larger than 400+ if you can afford to do that. A 440CFM  would be ideal.

10. thanks ngp.. cant wait til friday.. 

11. i want to try a scrog with the 4 hole dwc but i cant make a net.. does any body no where they sell them.

12. co2? tank bag or diy? do i need it or not?

13. #17 NGP, Jul 29, 2014
    Can I ask why you want to go 'all out' your first time? You're talking co2 now... no problem, plenty of experienced growers here who love co2. And I'll bet each one of them would say get a couple of grows under your belt. You have a lot of good equipment and genetics to start up with. I like the positive vibes coming from your willingness for success. I get it, because I'm the same way. Go big or go home. But with growing, you really do need patience and understanding, and that only comes with experience not just books and the forum.

I'd say take what you have now, pop a couple of those expensive female beans you bought once you get your hydro setup flowing, be ready to get them in the net pots and stick em under lights. You're going to need to worry more about root rot, balancing your water's pH, heat, applying nutrients, aeration (in the water....via bubble stones and air pumps), algae growth, keeping your buckets completely dark inside, proper humidity, etc....before you need to worry about co2.

I'm all for helping you out man, I get that you want to succeed. But at this point, you're sort of throwing all this equipment out, seeing what sticks, and literally asking "what's next" after saying you're a newbie that's never grown. Just take it easy. At least you said 4 plants, and not 20 like some new growers go into... :D

Props to ya OP, just don't want to see an eager new grower get discouraged after a large investment, and not even get one grow off. It happens all the time...if you've spent time reading this forum, you know it already.

14. it was just i saw the co2 bag and read a few journals. its steroids right???!!!! im going to take it slow i just want it all here so i dont have to keep going out for this and that. knowing i will anyway. could you explain ppm to me?

15. i have jungle juice micro bloom and grow, overdrive, voodoo juice, b-52 and big bud. all adv nutes. Do i need anything else? evrything should be here soon 

16. only waiting on the tent, ppm meter, and ph meter. fans.

i changed the lighting from 2 240w led to 2 300w led..
    4 bucket dwc
    600w hid mh and hps bulb
    5x5 grow den tent
    seeds money maker , white widow x big bud, green poison, chunky skunk...should be here wednesday. fingers crossed.

right know im practicing germinating seeds in the paper towel method with bag seeds. 80% 
    Getting nervous by the day cant wait.here are a few pics of what i have now. im gone need a lot a help. got a million questions.

wednesday everything should be in. all help is welcomed and needed. 

Attached Files: