Hows This For Exotic Pets

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Sc0pe, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Did you know that the carboniferous era had bugs that were huge because there was more oxygen in the atmosphere,
    how about we get stuff like scorpions or something, put it in a giant terrarium, and hook that up to oxygen tanks, and breed for bigger and bigger offspring until they are bigger than theyve ever been

and a human would probably be able to go into the terrarium for short periods, but you would probably not want to with a giant scorpion in there

2. trippen mindset y'all got there. Pass me some of that shit would ya?

• Like Like x 2
  3. You would probably have to breed them for at least a few hundred thousand years to get that big again. Not100% sure though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Evolution takes a while. But if you genetically modified wouldn't see why not.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

5. let me get this started so my great great great great grandkids can get eaten up by lifesize scorpions.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I want to have a baby and put it into an oxygen container

Omega369

7. This is why I think dinosaurs were so big, oxygen levels were higher and the air was more clean (no pollution).

8. That doesnt make much sense, bugs are limited by their size because of the amount of oxygen in the air, dinosaurs were limited by the physical structures that life forms can make,
    and what about pollution? that only started a few hundred years ago really so i dont think it has affected the size of any animals much

• Like Like x 2
  9. only if theyre put in the terrarium, the bugs wouldnt survive without the extra oxygen 

10. Learned from experience?

11. What if that guy said yeah and then posted a picture of a giant ant on a lesh wearing a colar XD lol
    super high but thatd be awesome

• Like Like x 3
  12. I thought insects were large because of the o2 and co2 levels were able to support it...

And it's not like this is the first time earth has seen pollution... I'm guessing a single massive volcano makes our pollution look like a breath of fresh air.

13. I laughed till it hurt made my high 1000% better

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. dfgdfgdg.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. general knowledge, bugs are small because they take in oxygen through holes in the sides of their bodies, if they get any bigger the oxygen would be absorbed by the outer parts of the bugs before it reaches the internal organs and the bug would die
    more oxygen in the air = more oxygen that can reach internal organs = potential for larger growth
    and without this extra oxygen the bugs would simply become exhausted, pass out and die

16. We have roids these days yo

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. wouldnt work on the bugs yo

18. One horrid word
    Solfugid

• Like Like x 1
  19. It doesn't work on fish..trust me...it doesn't work!

Sent from my Z740G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Oh shit, the future looks grim now