How Does Reputation Work?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by GoolashFilms, Jul 28, 2014.

1. How does repuation work?

I see I'm and advanced memeber, but how many reputation points do I need to become other levels?

Also, can someone link the rules forum? :)

2. #2 Lenny., Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  3. i wonder this too cuz i seen a few people with lots of post and a lot of likes.....but no special designation. That made me think maybe it had something to do with money? like if youve bought merch from the store or something?

4. Thank You. Do You know the exact post count for the names?
    Not going to spam just interested.

Yea I thought it used to have an actual rep button, but they got rid of it. :\\

Thank You for the annswer have a great day!

5. Nah, don't really keep track of that. I just make my own titles

6. #6 skyclad808, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    Rep used to be something you could give people and you earned the ability to give it based on getting it. It was REAL COOL! When they did the new system that was gone as well as the ability to use a billion smilies if you wanted to now it is only

lets you use 21
    so I think it has something to do with the amount of space that gets used around here this is one of the most busy forums

EDIT took out the 21 smileys :yummy:

7. Wait where it says advanced member didn't you write that? Mine says enforcer cause I put that there. I don't think that has anything to do with anything but this city is way more fancy than it was when i found it and I am still lost on a lot of shit...

If you are in any way talking about the colors like gold that is a paid membership. It gets into private sections of the forum. Where some people feel more comfortable posting.

If you really want to know what all the shit stands for all that all those answers are in the growers coffee lounge. We used to all talk about how it worked and what made what happen. These days since I came back to the city all I can do is hope I get a like so I can find my way back to where I read something last.

I wish you could choose an option to follow threads from the last post made in that journal so you could catch up when you were out for a while.

8. Yeah, since probably around two years I've posted things have definitely changed. I'm sure things will go back the way they used too.

9. I have reputation but it is not good. GC started the gold membership program so blades can get away from idiots like me.

10. I want the old Rep back

11. its the member title it kinda looks like its based on post count over time for the default ones but you can change it to what ever by changing your member title under settings my defaults to senior member i think which is funny because i really haven't been on the site vary long at all

12. Reputation is still here , only supplying comment ability is gone :)

User titles are depending 50 posts. Once you reach 50 posts, you'll be able to edit and customise your user title. 

13. #13 IgnorantFool, Jul 28, 2014

Well...kinda...it's the like system...totally different than the old rep system, but a system nonetheless...

@[member="GoolashFilms"]

Others are correct, your user title changes a couple of times when you're newer based on post count...and like Lizard King says, you can change it yourself on your profile once you reach a certain number of posts...lots of people are running custom ones...I think the highest pre-made one is senior member which you hit pretty early...

Also...here's the link to the rule you were looking for...

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-forum-feedback/899395-grasscitycom-forum-guidelines.html

14. So that number we see on our profiles is our rep from the old forum?

Yep 

16. #16 IgnorantFool, Jul 28, 2014

Yup...the one in the green box is your rep from before the change plus the number of likes you've received since the software change...

Likes before the change went poof...

...and...ninja'd by gnik...:laughing:

17. I miss rep :-(

I liked the fact you can only positive rep

Good vibes all the time

Omega369

18. this shit is false advertisement :p

Attached Files:

Nope...a like is considered a reputation vote...:poke:

Will be changed in 30 days or so :)