D.c. Allowing Open And Concealed Carry Without A Permit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vicious, Jul 28, 2014.

Nah. I'm waiting for two classy fuckers to challenge  each other to a midnight duel outside a bar or club to settle and ego dispute. Totally consensual with a witness and all.

2. Nope. It is not illegal for a cannabis user to own or carry a firearm. Lying on a 4473 federal form is the crime.

3. tell it to the judge if you get caught

4. Show me the law.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Then everyone sites it as a reason for gun control.

>_>

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. The nation's Capitol being held accountable for obeying the Constitution?

Say whattttt.

7. When I purchased my guns in California it specifically asked if I was a medical marijuana user. Thank god im not :).... if you answer yes they will not sell you a gun.

bat mobile

8. #28 lilro, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    I know...that's what I said... Lying on the 4473 form is what's illegal (federal perjury), not being a weed smoker and possessing a firearm.

If you bought a gun while not addicted to a controlled substance, or inherited one from family, it is not illegal to possess just because you have/use controlled substances.

It doesn't matter whether you're a medical user or not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. in washington state ,possesion of firearms if one is under the influence of alcohol ,marijuana ,or other drugs,is illegal. under federal law people are also charged with possesion of firearms while committing a felony as the fed do not recognize med weed use.thats ten years in prison. several local cases in court now. one case the feds looked up a med growers hunting license as a way to arrest him.

10. Pretty sure there is a federal lalaw prohibiting tthe possession of a gun and a controled ssubstance at the ssame.time. they problem just use that. Making it illegal for a mmj patient to obtain a gun would be redundant

11. And yet if you are prescribed a big pharma drug your golden

bat mobile

12. Anyone know how this has been going for the last 2 or so weeks?

13. My guess is well.

You know the liberal media is lying in wait for the first minor thing they can blow out of proportion for gun control agendas.

In this case a lack of news is a good thing

14. Wherever CC laws are implemented or expanded, crime tends to go down, not up.

See people have these anti-gun opinions for political or emotional reasons or whatever. My opinion that people have a right to carry guns isn't based on emotion, politics or what I'd like to believe. I genuinely did research on gun and crime statistics around the world, and concluded that there's little evidence that guns cause or aggravate violence in communities, and there is strong evidence to the contrary.

15. emotion is a stronger persuasion tool than logic

16. I'd be interesting in seeing that law.

17. Fucking God dmanit shit.cock phone.

I found the law but my post got erased. this phone is a Pos. Ill post it again later. It took my entire lunch break to not post this shit...

But basically I was half wrong. The law said you can't own a gun if you are a drug user or addict. Nothing about possession .

18. You sure you didn't read the law about the 4473 form? It is illegal to lie on that form if you're a drug user, but going through that form is not the only way to legally acquire a firearm.

Is it still no background checks at gun shows?

20. Background checks happen at guns shows. Any licensed dealer has to perform a background check during a firearm purchase in every state. However, in some states, private individuals can buy/sell with other private individuals without a background check. Also, inheriting a firearm, or marrying someone who owns firearms is a way to legally acquire a firearm with no 4473 form.