First Time Grow, Indoors, 100 Watt Lamp

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GreenSylum, Jul 28, 2014.

1. I tried germinating the seed in a small container with water then transferred it to a cotton wipe that I applied made moist the seed cracked but didn't really grow a root. I have a medium sized pot with soil that was given to me by a worker at a hydroponics shop. He treated the soil with reverse osmosis water and vitamin b and told me to just plant the seed under 1/4 inch of the soil. I planted the seed and have been using a 100 watt CFL at very close range to the soil with a small fan blowing on the light to keep the light cool and spray the soil a little each day with a reverse osmosis spray bottle. It's been a few days and the seed hasn't sprouted and I'm starting to worry that it may have died. I've read through a lot of other forums and watched videos but still don't know what to do. I'm only growing one plant because it's my first time.

2. If you have fresh seeds, an overnight soak is all you need to do before planting. If even that. Not sure what the cotton wipe was all about. Give it another day or two and if you don't see green, try again.

Sent from Chefziggy's Kitchen

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 GreenSylum, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    The cotton wipe is used for cleaning glasses. It's just a tissue made from cotton, no liquid on it. I moistened it with water.
    If I don't see green do you mean try again with another seed? This is the only seed I have for now. The 100 watt light bulb has 1600 lumens.

4. Then keep waiting until you have another. But if it dried out after cracking it may be toast.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

5. You don't need to do all that extra soaking in water nonsense and like someone else said I'm not sure what the cotton ball was suppose to do.

I plant the seed directly in soil and let the seed germinate there. Take the end of a pen and poke a hole in your soil, drop the seed in, and moisten with a dropper around the insertion site or use a spray bottle and moisten the top layer of soil.

The cotton ball might have ruined the root being able to stretch out.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406512753.950477.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  6. Think it sounds more like a kleenex used to germ. Not that it matters, but if it isn't a sturdy paper towel, or sown in dirt, or just soaked in a cup of water then you are over complicating the process. What could have happened by using a cotton wipe is your seed may have germed proper and your tap root could have logged itself in the gooey mess of a wet kleenex, then you come along not seeing the tap as it's camouflaged and break it off. Not that it happened but very good possibilty. Give the best you can to your babies and they will return the favor =)