Sick Seedlings?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Plan_G_Grow, Jul 27, 2014.

1. #21 Plan_G_Grow, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    I don't think it's a biggie, but it's got me worried something will happen again. So it's about a month and a 2 weeks since this grow...(small because root bound till now) started using Vigoro 20-20-20 all purpose plant food...just a few sprinkles so it looks sprinkles on a donut after watering...this is the turn out.
    It shouldn't be nute burn, I do 2 sprinkles with my fingers and that's it...any clues?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407754289.770825.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407754322.773503.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. The one photo shows curling, and browning around the tips and edges...

How are you applying your feed? Directly to the plant, or mixing in water first?

It looks like you have signs of nute burn in the one photo.

3. Are they still in solo cups?

4. Looks like it.
    'Rootbound until now' - what do you mean? Did you transplant them into solo cups...? They'll still be rootbound.

5. #25 Plan_G_Grow, Aug 11, 2014
    Curling? Nah that stopped, here's a better pick..and I apply it like this, with that same amount ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407757825.758380.jpg

6. That should help a bit better to know how much I apply.. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407758029.892693.jpg

7. ....wow the roots are bound, alright I didn't think they'd reach that fast :p
    But from this to This? ...this is my growing plan for my room since the season is almost over... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407758423.142530.jpg

Attached Files:

8. Wow. I expected the root mass to be much greater.
    Anyways make sure that you electrical or duct tape the clear cup or else the light will fuck with your roots

9. #29 Plan_G_Grow, Aug 11, 2014
    Well I only transplanted it about a week ago, Mmmm interesting... alright thanks for the tip

10. Look bro, quit fuckin around with the solo cups... get them into a good container. Secondly, I would recommend taking your feed (looks to be granular) and dissolve it, versus using it in its current form.

You're going to keep chasing your tail until you work this out... so do it now, so that you can prevent worse problems later.

Also... I hope you're putting drainage holes in your containers.

11. Fuck I didn't even think about drainage. That's probably why the root mass is so small.

12. I'm restricted to growing in my room though, I have nosey neighbors always asking about the garden..so I can't plant outside. I'm not really looking for a massive harvest just a small grow so I can work my way up to a larger grow.

13. If you trim and train your plant, you can keep it at a manageable height. It will out grow your solo cup in a matter of weeks.

Do you know what strain it is?

14. For example White Widow is an indoor plant, and can be tamed to a manageable 18 inches or better...

15. Another option would be to check out some of the indoor grow threads... some of these growers are like fucking engineers the way they transform a stealth grow. Very cool shit. Just something to be mindful of...

16. No I don't know the strain, seeds from a friends grandfather. I was thinking of keeping one short and bushy by topping and bending stems and the other will have a height of 27 inches to grow. (Measured From table to light) I have been checking around other forums but I stopped looking due to the fact that they have a proper set up and I'm going with what I have in my house. Tin foil is used to block the light so I can sleep ..lol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407796698.234031.jpg

17. I can appreciate your desire to grow.

There are more things to consider... the smell for one will be prominent, and anyone who knows cannabis knows her smell.

Next will be height...

I don't know your situation, but it sounds confined, not ideal by any means.

I would consider gorilla grow.

18. #38 Plan_G_Grow, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    Thanks, I like growing in general so I thought if give the tricky plants a try. Smell isn't a problem, my family members don't mind..plus one plant doesn't even have the lightest scent 👌
    Mmm, I don't have 250 right now to spend..when I move out I'll have bigger plans of course but honestly I'm more looking for this grow to produce seeds then bud.

Sent from my ePhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Ok. Keep us posted, I'm rooting for ya! Haha... "rooting"

20. Been busy because of work but here's an update...YES I'm buying pots today. Lol

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408807013.412564.jpg
    This one is 7.5 inches.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408807052.445666.jpg
    This one is 5.5 inches.
    Topping has slowed down growth but has shown successful double branching. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408807127.220161.jpg