Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

5-6 Year Smokers, I Have A Question.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Lifeforms, Jul 27, 2014.

1. I have low tolerance so if I smoke one fat hit I'll get extremely high and have terrible anxiety if I'm around people who I'm uncomfortable being around. I basically feel this anxiety for 2 hours until my high is over.

I'm not sure it's the weed and I think it's just me as a person since i do have really bad anxiety in general. And being high just enhances ridiculously.

One of the main reason why I smoke is to face this anxiety or other issues I have so when I'm not high it's easier to talk and open up to people and be more social.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. Yeah, maybe once a month max, more like once every 45 days.  I just deal with it by reminding myself that particular feeling will go away in less than 30 minutes usually, no longer than an hour especially if I eat.

I am not familiar with the term, 'unmentionable'?

Is it what I think it is and it's just against the forum rules or is it something entirely different? 

Because if it's what I think it is, then I think the same thing happened to me. It was one of the big reasons I quit smoking weed for that full year, too. Just made shit seem too overwhelming. 

Yeah it's against the rules to talk about that here, that's why I said "unmentionable". One good thing about that bad experience is that it got me to quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey. 

5. That is a good thing. 

Yeah, I definitely think that experience changed me as well. At least more positively than negatively. 

I've also been told that if you already have underlying anxiety issues you are more prone to having a panic attack if you smoke too much. Also something to keep in consideration. I'm sure more carefree people with no worries in the world will never experience a panic attack. But once you know what they are, they really aren't that bad to deal with. 

7. I had never had a panic attack or anxiety until a few years ago. 

I am 24 years old and I think i've only had maybe 5 panic attacks my entire life, if that. 

Anxiety rolls in from time-to-time, but that's only after burning too much and realizing i'm more stoned than I wanted to be. Even that has gone down, though. I think it's because I am slowly starting to become more comfortable with the plant again, like I used to be. 

Yeah, now that you're building up your tolerance it will be harder to induce one. I didn't start getting them until I was 21 (I'm 32 now). And I usually only would get them after tolerance breaks because my stupid self would think I could handle as much as before I had the t-break. 

9. Oh shit, I had a similar experience and it was pretty fucking awful. 

I actually smoked one time during my year long departure from weed and it wasn't pleasant at all. It was out of my old beaker bong. My friends and I were drinking and they started passing the bong and my desires just got the best of me, so I ended up taking a MASSIVE rip off the bong and it was way too much. Thankfully, since that day, I now know that slow and steady wins the race. If I am going to really get stoned, i'm at least going to do it little by little until my tolerance goes back to normal.

Oh yeah I've been there. Now-a-days I just smoke off a little one hitter right after a long departure until I get that tolerance back.  :smoke:

11. The human brain is a work of art indeed, an incredible machine. If we could possibly understand its depths and enigmas, maybe we would truly know why. I feel it though, I get those weird paranoid moments that pass on quickly. Just why we have these occasional, odd feelings, scary or whatever, after years of smoking? Not sure...maybe your brain gets super stoned and screws with your emotions to keep it interesting hahaha.