Natural Soil Ammendments.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by the awoken toker, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Hey grasscity,
    I have two plant I recently got from a friend but i'm looking at the leaves and the tips are brown(I didn't notice that as i was picking them up). I have done some research and found through pictures that is is most likely lack of nitrogen in the soil. is there any way to add nitrogen with naturally abundant resources. like can i put oak leaves down? I know their rich in nitrogen. is there a way to put the leaves in water and make like a tea so i can distribute it in my water?
    p.s. this is my first grow, ill post up pics later today, cmon guys i haven't even filled my bong water  :bongin: im not going to take pic this early lol . I have 2 3x crazy clones each under 4 23 watt cfl running 16/8, and I'm using a box fan for ventilation. now its time for me to get a lil stoney and take some pics :)

2. 1 part urine 10 parts water.

3. serious or joke?

4. #4 snoopdog6502, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014

Its real,, but fuck man, go to a garden store and get some plant food.

Before you transplant buy some cheap potting soil and add.....

perlite ,Blood meal, bone meal, earthworm castings, horticultural epson salts.
    The mix will get you going.

5. could i get some for like 10 dollars is there anything for that price?

6. No brown most likely means too much nitrogen or nurse in general. A nitrogen def. Is going to have pale green to yellow leaves. Can't say for sure without a pic though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Lots of farmers will let you take their animal shit for for free

Start a worm bin for your scraps

Buy a bag of espoma tomato tone

Bam cheapo nute-o's

Sorry I can't see anything in that pic way too small...try to upload to something like imgur then post here to make them bigger

8. thats a good idea I live near a bunch of horse and cattle ranches and my neighbor has chickens, I;m sure they wouldn't mind me takin some of the poop. what do i do with it though don't i need to sterilize it first?

9. Computing it is what needs to be done

Alpaca/rabbit/llama shit can be used right away without composting

Cow/horse and especially chicken needs to be composted first. Seriously uncomposted chicken manure will burn your babies up real quick

10. do those pics look as though the plant need less nitrogen i guess is what your saying?

11. No what he said was that the pic is too small. We can't diagnose if we can't see anything :p

12. @[member="Sammyy"] your gif is awsome lol off topic and the browness went away, I think they were burns actually from my lights. but now they have holes in the leaves ill post a pic