Cant Decide Which Led To Buy

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by spring42o, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Hi all, so I've been doing my homework on a new led light. Just can't decide which one I want to get. I'll be growing on my 3x3 box in a 7x9x6 room (attic). So I've been thinking of these lights and listed them by the ones I'm leaning towards most.
    1. G8 240w
    2. Solar flare 220w
    3. 84x-pro 120w
    4. DS xml-150 232w

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Mars II 700

3. How does the mars ll 700 compare to the others?

4. Why did you choose these 4 panels? what parameters or things are you looking for?

out of your list, I personally would go with number 4, but really there are other brands which you should look at as well. Top LED works great and have very good prices...I am also using Intelligent Gro LED and having the best results yet... Also why not Area 51, Lush, Kind on your list?

5. Hey Spring I use the xml 150s big brother and it is an amazing light. are you looking for price or performance? if you are looking for price the top led lights and some of the other lights talked about are great lights at a very inexpensive price. Many of us used these lights to get into the LED world. if you want real performance it cost money. i had a solar flare and sent it back for a refund. it is a well built light but i think they designed it to replace a cfl not an hid. I have some features i look for in a light that i will not compromise on. a light has to cover the chlorophyll A and B peak responses why else use an LED? secondary lenses are a must they make a huge difference huge. look at actual watts. I have a 350 watt chinese built american light that has an actual draw of 330 watts and a chinese built chinese 400 watt light that has an actual draw of 178 watts. the 400 watt light is really a cheap 200 watt light that is marketed as a 400 watt light. 

6. Ya I'm thinking about getting the xml 350 or the optic led force series 280w. I just really like the dial features on the XML. I really want performance.

7. I love mine. did you see my grow it is in my signature. I have a little auto under an xml 350; has about a month left. I will give a weight at the end. I have a mother under another xml 350; I have a blue veg light but it makes the indicas too dense they look like footballs when they get into flower. I have not tried the optic force. I will go check them out. 

8. unfortunately you dont get great performance out of the cheaper lights.  looks like optic force is a pretty solid light. i would like to get my hands on one and see how it does. it is only a little more than the advanced light. they are using good parts and a good spectrum. I am geeking though advanced just released a new light with all cree and osram. Advanced XTE

9. Wow! Good thing i didn't commit yet

Spring42o

10. #10 Atmo, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    I just got an Area 51 RW-75. I can't comment on it's performance yet but I've been reading some really great things about these lights, with some bonus perks (discounts on future upgrades as better LED tech rolls around, good warranty, assembled in the USA) - I am incredibly excited to use it and highly recommend looking into them before making a final decision :)

I just went through the same thing you did, making threads, asking people, checking prices, used watts, etc.. Area 51 is all around good, prices are great for what you get, they are very transparent, they have amazing customer service.

Jees, you'd think I worked for A51 haha. Sure there are probably better more expensive ones out there, but for my small box the RW-75 was the perfect choice.. it's already a LOT of light in my box, and with some extra Cree bulbs in there I think my babies will flourish! Double especially because of my organic living soil I have cycling right now. Once that's done it's grow city for me! Just add water and watch them give you bud. I wish I got into organics sooner! Anyway, I'm rambling now. Adios! Good luck in your decision!