Check Out My Drawings.

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by g.h.o.u.l., Jul 27, 2014.

1. Here is a few paintings I did...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412042209.446951.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412042229.213226.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412042269.879959.jpg

And a few drawings...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412042292.763545.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412042404.447201.jpg

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened ~Dr. Suess

2. your portrait is amazing !

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    amazing ! Absolutely speachless of these ! Great detail !

3. Thanks!! I'm particularly proud of my pencil drawings... I have a lot! I'm still working on my painting skills :) practice makes perfect, or close enough at least, lol.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened ~Dr. Suess

4. Exactly :) keep up the great work !

Dang the detailing on the last two picture are excellent, if not then perfect

6. #26 Sam5a, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014

Got two very helpful advice:

1- Always kick off with a big canvas and high resolution, after completing your work you can minimize it so it can look more detailed. This way you can zoom in to give details to the very small objects in your work. I honestly often forget about this very important step and after I notice I can't zoom in a lot I have to scrap the work because if I re-size from mid work the PC would most likely freeze or crash. 

2-I was working on a piece, I used to pick and mix color for shading. but I came across a neat trick for shading (it's kinda really straight forward, D'oh!, it's just a question of noticing)

see where the yellow circle on the left bar, it will pop a list with a lot of option... dodge is to make your color brighter and burn darker... on the top bar, the brush bar, where the yellow circle is, Opacity. That option controls how many notches you want to dodge or burn the color, the higher the greater the difference the color will be, you can bound them together afterwards using Soften on the same list on the left bar.

Attached Files:

7. #27 psychoperson25, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    Sorry for the link dump, I just don't like reposting the same stuff all over the city. There isn't a lot of new stuff I can share with you guys. I assure you there has been since then but I can't post some of those things. Also figured I'd throw in some old threads, one about learning the basics of art cause people were talking about tips, and the old art shows because I was going to see if anyone was interested in starting that up again. It was fun and forced me to draw. Also it was fun seeing the surprise of what people were working on before the submit date

My Personal Art Thread, you got to dig through the pages for some of them. If you are enjoying looking at it.

http://forum.grasscity.com/artists-corner/531630-high-high-high-art.html

My Bored Drawing Request Thread (I always abandon them....I'm really sorry to anyone who enjoyed them, I'm a lot busier workwise)

http://forum.grasscity.com/general/1230825-bored-drawing-requests.html

A little thread I made a while back. If people are interested in more things I have to say about art I'd love to make more...but maybe in blog form, maybe in a less formal matter of fact manner. I'd also love input from other artist's on GC

http://forum.grasscity.com/artists-corner/635827-what-you-need-know-make-artart-101.html

Grasscity Artshows (I can't find the other ones I think someone else posted those and then I took over...who knows bad memory with all the smoking and what not) I'd also like to start this again if enough people are interested

http://forum.grasscity.com/artists-corner/803774-grasscity-artshow-3.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/artists-corner/1018599-grasscity-artshow-4.html

TL:DR Summary: Links to some threads I made check em out I think you will like em.

I'm liking a lot of the art in this thread, and allows encourage people to create.

8. The first was my try at tribal. The second was me playing with a drawing app on my phone

Attached Files:

9. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

10. #30 Kimono, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
    Incredible work! especially those last two drawings! I would give anything to master drawing like that! Really great stuff thanks for sharing, really makes me want to step my game up ( I'v got a loooong way to go), definitely going to make some more time to developing myself. Are you self taught? how long have you been drawing?

11. Just some shit i drew on my phone with the autodesk sketchbook app and the girl one isnt finished yet obviously

Attached Files:

12. #32 Kimono, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
    20141107_130519.jpg How to depict hair in crayon? what technique should one use?

Beautiful! Seems like you are into realism as well.

http://www.iambetterthanyourkids.com/

15. Sweet .. art thread.. ill upload some of mine... they look like shit because they are scanned.. I tried to amend them a lil but I don't know how to use photoshop all that well lol ... either way let me know what you think... excuse some of the sloppiness too .. I used to draw a lot in the car or on the bus... welp
        on to the next thread.. Stay High Stay Happy Stay Safe ,
    Cheers

Attached Files:

16. I think this is my favorite section, heres my art ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421463924.995020.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421464018.743766.jpg

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1421464084.805086.jpg

19. This thread is great ! =D 

My Turn !! 

I made a thread that has my paintings on it, but not these drawings .

Attached Files: