Kevin Smiths Tusk Trailer

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Johnny Blazed, Jul 26, 2014.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMdo4F2TO94

for those that dont know

The idea for the movie came during the recording of SModcast 259 The Walrus and The Carpenter. In the episode, Smith with his longtime friend and producer Scott Mosier discussed an article featuring a Gumtree ad where a homeowner was offering a living situation free of charge, if the lodger agrees to dress as a walrus. The discussion went on from there, resulting in almost an hour of the episode being spent on reconstructing and telling a hypothetical story based on the ad. Smith then told his Twitter followers to tweet "#WalrusYes" if they wanted to see their hypothetical turned into a film, or "#WalrusNo" if they didn't. A vast majority of Smith's following agreed that the film should be made.[4] The post on Gumtree was in fact a prank post by noted Brighton poet and prankster Chris Parkinson, a fan of Smith who then hoped he would get in touch with him so he could be involved in the film.[5] Kevin Smith eventually hired Parkinson as a producer in November

2. Lol i really don't know what to make of that. Looks interesting, but no way i'd pay to see it though.

3. #3 Johnny Blazed, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
    yea i dont go to theater for many movies probably wont for this but ill grab it out the redbox its definitely human centipede inspired but with a walrus lol

4. hahaha wtf
    ill wait til it's on dvd

5. I'm high right now so someone tell me, is this a serious horror film?

6. It is a horror film with comedy sprinkled in throughout, which is good because the initial reveal of Justin Long as the Walrus is fucking terrifying. I loved the movie, great horror movie that actually stuck with me for a few days...

Not to mention I am probably the biggest Kevin Smith fan you will ever know haha. I definitely recommend a night smoking and watching this movie for anyone who likes fucked up horror movies.

Comes out digitally December 2nd and blu ray/dvd December 30th.
    WalrusYes

7. #7 Johnny Blazed, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    ha you were not lying that justin long walrus was some greusome shit lol 

the movie was actually pretty funny in some parts uncomfortable in others(walrus parts lol) but overall this shit was so crazy and creative i gotta give smith props for going thru with it and he actually made a pretty fuckin good movie out of it 

and i enjoyed johnny depp's part even tho i remember reviewers shitting on it for some reason

8. I'm about to watch this, I'm a Kevin Smith fan so hopefully I'll enjoy it :laughing:

9. #9 Homelander, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Movie was definitely fucked up but funny.

10. Agreed, I am  big fan of the movie. Actually going to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash this weekend and I believe they have the full walrus in a cage there

11. Please finish Clerks 3, Kevin Smith. I beg of you

12. Clerks 3 production hasn't begun yet. Because of Tusk though, the movie is now financed and he can go through with making it. Clerks 3 will be out in the next couple years, but Yoga Hosers is being released prior to Clerks 3.

I actually was lucky enough in the Tusk contest to win some free stuff, I send in a picture with a Tusk mask I made and they sent me an awesome Tusk t shirt and a Tusk Grinder. 

13. I was under the impression that Clerks 3 was financed independent of Tusk? Weird

14. Nah, he brought it to the Weinstein's and they declined to finance it, so after he sold Tusk to A 24 Films and locked in the distributions in other countries, he had the money to fund Clerks 3.

15. Ah, thanks for clearing that up

16. Fuck dude I cant stop staring at Haley joel's neckbeard, it's so fucking weird, like an eight-year-old with facial hair.