Auto Chocolate Skunk - First Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Thenewestguy, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Hi guys

Need a little help here a mate of mine has his first grow on the go. The guys a rookie (like) me so would just like to know if all this stuff he got will see the grow out, so far they've been germinated and have sprouted about 2 inches? Probably been like that for 2 - 3 days? When should they be put in pots?

He went out and bought some soil for tomatoes the stuff seems to be awful clumpy? Will this stuff do or will it kill the plants? Also should they be put under a light now(they already are) or was that a bad idea? The area there in is also absolutely roasting well insulated! Using bio biz grow and bio biz bloom for food or newts (if that's what u guys call it here) is this any good or again a bad choice? Don't really know what else to ask I suppose il post again once I encounter more problems which I have no doubt I will have many!!

Anyone got any tips for me? Any1 know of this auto chocolate skunk? Any good? Yield size?

Cheers guys

2. Anyone help???

3. If the temperature is roasting in the grow area that isn't good..also the tomato soil might work fine but it needs to have some perlite added. If the soil has alot of fertilizer already in it, you shouldn't feed any nutes for a good while. 

4. What's the ideal temp I'm looking for mate? I had the idea in my head the hotter the better for some reason lol, I've already moved them from little plastic cups into pots bad choice?

Ahh just need to see how it goes will post pics once they go into flowering see what am doing wrong, I hate being a rookie lol, thanks mate

Ideally your maximum temperature should stay below 80 degrees F. It's fine that you transplanted them just be careful about overwatering.

6. #6 Thenewestguy, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    13 days of growth, can anyone tell me how they're looking, everyday I look at them something is different don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing😉 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407448507.908999.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407448530.159140.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407448538.726062.jpg
    Last picmaybe taken at 10 days or so

7. You need aeration. They look reaaally yellow. Ideally you want 25% aeration (perlite, vermiculite, rice hulls) or else the roots won't get oxygen.
    Which kind of looks like what is happening here.

Yep..he obviously didn't take my advice a month ago about adding perlite lmao

9. Fuck I hate when people do that.
    They get answers to their problem, but its not what the wanna hear so they keep asking the same questions till some retard with 2 posts tells them the answer they want.

10. #10 lFourTwenty, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014

Buy some perlite from your local gardening store or order a bag if you have to when you transplant them into their final home with perlite in your soil. Also you can add lime to your soil for pH, 1 Tbsp per gallon of soil. 

Edit: His plants might not be that yellow..looks like he's using HPS light so that might be causing the yellow tint.

11. Chill out man smoke a joint I'm a noob to be expected buddy! Yeah defo need some perlite then, and yeah it is the HPS causing the yellow tint they actually don't look to yellow at all! Is perlite a must? I didn't quite ask the same question I posted pics and asked how they where doing😉 but yeah what I really wanted to hear was damn dawg they're looking the shit phone snoop get them to feature in one of his videos👍

12. Sorry bud, wasn't talking about you specifically.
    And yes something for aeration is necessary especially when they're getting bigger.
    If you can take a pic under some cfls ( like when the hps goes off just do it before they go to sleep) that will help a lot.

13. They don't look bad, definitely need to have 1/3 of your soil mix to be some sort of aeration... perlite and rice hulls are the 2 most popular I have seen, vermiculite is good for seedlings.

On your next grow I wouldn't transplant so soon, looks like they are still solo cup size.

They do look healthy and have grown well so far but you really need to clean your grow space up... a dirty grow room will lead to pests and disease. Ideally everything would be sanitized.

If you want to be featured in a Snoop video you need about 4-5 more feet and some fat ass flowers but if you can avoid the noob mistakes and take the advice of the experts on here you will be there soon enough.

14. #14 alaskaman, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    Today after mentioning to a friend what a strong wonderful pot he gave to me awhile ago, he laughed and said yeah and that it's called chocolate skunk, grown indoor. 

So here I am guys starting to research chocolate skunk and maybe where to order some seeds.