Can Anyone Help Me Setup My Vegetable Grow Tent?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by AnAdjustableLamp, Jul 26, 2014.

1. I've never used a grow tent at all so I'm pretty lost especially because most setup instructions are meant for growing cannabis so I'm left lost and confused. Since I'm growing veggies. I don't need a filter, right? Is it ok to leave my 1000W light like this? With one side uncovered and all? The ducting leaves the tent, falls to the ground, and then travels on the ground to my fan (it's pulling, not pushing), which is on the ground. I tested it a bit and I can feel the hot air coming out of the fan. Should I shorten the length of the ducting a bit?

Also, what happens if a light overheats? Does it explode?

http://i.imgur.com/rvHqz4H.jpg You can sort of see the ducting on the ground that runs in a straight line behind me. The fan is attached at the end. (I haven't gotten clamps yet.

I also have a question about the ballast. Why would I want it at 50, 75% when I could have it at 100%?

Thanks in advance.

2. shorten up the ducting, hang the fan. When a light overheats it burns out faster and will kill your plants from the heat. the adjustable setting on the ballast from my understanding is so you can use lower watt bulbs on a larger ballast so you have room to upgrade. 

Set up the tent the same way as any grow tent.

What kind of bulb are you using? Why are you worried about the ballast blowing up? What kind of plants are you growing? How big is the tent?

Keep your ballast at 75% and it should be good. If it's getting hot, turn it down to 50%. Use your best judgement.

And your fan, you want the exhaust at top and intake at the bottom. Intake outside if possible.

Good luck, bro.