Newbie With A Quick Question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by 1967 vw, Jul 26, 2014.

1. hello first off im  new to indoor growing, just interested in small set up for now, okj I have a small room 80 square feet  and 8 feet high, it has a east window that is glass blocked, it get a huge amount of sun ,am I able to make use of the sun,its very secure btw, or should I close it off ,also im getting a bit confused with all the diff lights im leaning toward the t5 ho  florescent  but im open for advise. just want to start slow  and keep investment low until I get more experience. thank you

2. When you flower the room has to be in complete darkness for 12 hours so you are going to have to block it off for flowering. During veg they might not need all that extra light. If you use HPS lights you will get a better yield than with T5s, you have enough room.

3. Seems to me you have the perfect room for a couple plants. I'd make use of the sunlight if you were planning on growing auto-flowers. But if you are using lights i'd be careful with heat issues. From what I read t5's don't give out much heat. I've grown auto flowers on my window sill with barely any sun light (not much yield), but hey free is free. 

4. thanks for the help, I was thinking about using lights and the sun but maybe that's not a good idea,ill experiment with lesser seeds