Seedling Growth

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Subways, Jul 26, 2014.

1. I realise many might think this is some serious sacrilege but I was keen to get an idea of watering depth and in so sacrificed one of my seedlings.

I figured Id make the best of it and post a pic of the seedlings progress as I was quite amazed.

I sprouted the seed for 48 hours and moved it to soil when it had about 1mm of root coming out the seed.

The attached pic is 5 days growth, outdoors, in full sun. The tap root is about 10cm long!![​IMG]

2. So... what's the point of this thread? Haha. And why you so surprised at that root?

Im very new to growing and was just surprised at how much the seed had grown in a few days. I thought i'd post it up here as I figured I cant be the only noob to not know how much growth to expect in the first week.

On a side note, you may be right and this thread may be entirely pointless... haha

4. 'Watering depth'...? Don't do that to a poor plant again lmao

5. Replant it.
    You may be surprised on how strong the marijuana plant is.

6. Its gone, it was sharing a 5 gal bucket anyways and ive read that shouldn't be done. I think ive cocked up my soil mix as well, but i guess thats another topic all together.

7. And then they were all gone, currently being digested by my pitbull..... and so we start again.

8. Yeah weed can be a very resilient plant, but I think even the most experienced growers would struggle to revive them after being digested by a pitbull lol....better luck next time mate.