Matches Vs Lighters

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by mystonedmind, Jul 26, 2014.

1. In like hemp wicks and the mini torch lighters.

2. this made my day 

3. The point of smoking is not to worry bout lighting the bowl. It's about getting high. I have used thousands upon thousands of matches in my day.

FRIEND: Wanna get high?
     ME: sure!
    FRIEND: We can't. Aint got no hemp wick.
    ME. There is a pack of matches right here
    FRIEND yeah but those are unhealthy
    ME: Fuck you asshole. Go rub one out in a rainstorm. I'm gonna get high. *uses matches and gets high*

4. well i did a little reading on the chemistry of butane and how it works in the lighter, and i found that its almost completely not harmful to use to light a bong. you don't actually inhale any of the butane, just the byproducts of combustion. which i don't think is any worse than the pot smoke. but matches are definitely a much dirtier burn. idk i was mostly just bored. 

5. yeah but i enjoy smoking it too. it's a lot more pleasant than cigarette smoke. 

6. after ignition I don't see to much difference between a regular match and some hemp wick.  But now I'm thinking, match manufacturers use adhesives in the paper part of the match to bind the fibers.  Someone should come up with hempwick matches....

7. Did you consider that a natural wax could be used for the adhesive?

8. After reading this forum, I'm pretty convinced that hemp wick is the way to go.  But lets say you had to use a lighter.  What kind of lighter is the best.  I heard the 3 -letter lighter (that I currently employ), and torch lighters mentioned.  My question, is if you must use a lighter, what is the best kind.  The 3-letter doesn't seem to hold up as well as I remember in the 70's (a ridiculous statement since I don't remember the 70's anyway.)  Any lighter preferences?

9. Solar hitz for dayz son

Omega369

10. dont care, when you have neither shit gets real fast

11. For weed, I have always preferred Djeep lighters. A lot of people hate on them because they're a little more expensive but they have a lottt of beneficial perks for smoking.

1. They have a larger butane button, allowing you to keep your thumb on the edge without any risk of the flame touching it ever.
    2. Djeeps have a knob to adjust the amount of butane let through, so you can make the flame smaller for cornering a bowl easily.
    3. The shape of the djeep has a large flat surface on both sides, so you can cover the bowl after taking a hit to put the weed ember out. With other lighters they don't have enough flat surface area to cover the bowl normally.
    4. Don't quote me on this! But after a lot of experience with these lighters I believe Djeeps hold more butane than others, the size seems a little larger to me and they do last a long time.
    5. The child safety on other lighters are always quite obnoxious so most people are forced to pry them off. The djeep child safety really doesn't effect its ability at all, so you don't ever need to take it out.

Djeeps have a lot of benefits so you should try buying a couple next time you need lighters, just test out all of their perks and see how they compare to others.