Story Of The Sad Little Plant.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by thatmetaldude420, Jul 26, 2014.

1. [​IMG]
    The old man next door started a couple plants in May to go outdoors. His health has been out of whack for a good while. This poor plant has only had light from a household candecent bulb its whole life. I adopted this little one in hopes to liven it up for the old man. uploadfromtaptalk1406335149804.jpg
    I noticed a difference in the first couple days.
    uploadfromtaptalk1406335234628.jpg
    After 4 days I noticed some purpleing. Then took precautions to neutralize the pH. Had it at 7.7. Then..
    uploadfromtaptalk1406335333690.jpg
    Purple everywhere! And drooping. The hospital cup was insufficient space for the roots. So..
    uploadfromtaptalk1406335480904.jpg
    I took a trip to the gardening store. Got a bigger pot and plant food. Its pretty droopy still yet. Its got room to grow and food in its bowl. Although its been droopy and sad looking its still been putting out new growth
    uploadfromtaptalk1406335724556.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406335737318.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406335777592.jpg
    But as the new growth pops up the old branch its coming up beside is dying off.
    uploadfromtaptalk1406335862110.jpg
    Any thoughts?? I've always grown outdoors. Never had a successful indoor operation.

2. Purple stems could be caused by a magnesium deficiency, 1 table spoon of epsom salts per gallon could help.

What light schedule is it on ?

3. Man this is like those dog adoption before after videos, but with plants! Nice!

4. Thanks. Its a work in progress still yet. Will be doing high stress training once she's looking healthier.

5. Droopy droopy droopy
    uploadfromtaptalk1406343073899.jpg

High stress training? You mean Low Stress right?

7. The old man had topped it some time ago. Was going to bring her to good health and keep on with the topping and throw in some super cropping to thicken up the stock and branches.

8. I'm rooting for that little runt.

9. Id get more growing so when its gone you have more on the way.

10. Man it's not even that. I haven't grown anything in so long. I saw an opportunity to save a plant and I jumped on it. And I may grow this one big and beautiful and clone the shit out of it. Just keep her going as long as I can.

11. I've talked to a few growing buddies of mine and had them come over. They all believe its genetic and the temp I have it at.

12. I'll keep up with its progress on this thread. Team Miracle Plant!! Lol

13. Day 7
    Its live or die. The next few days will determine if it lives. Or if I will have to clone it to save its life.
    uploadfromtaptalk1406396642108.jpg

14. uploadfromtaptalk1406657506282.jpg starting to perk up and turn green
    uploadfromtaptalk1406657543201.jpg

15. <sup>For god sake stop watering, get it more light, nice hot light and fresh cool air.</sup>

Its drowning.

i'd give it a dark period of 4-6 hours.

17. I've done all that. Its showing signs of getting better now

18. Partial sun/shade outside will do it wonders. My outdoor is growing like mad right now.

19. I've grown a lot outdoors. Trying for a successful indoor grow this time. Its got temp control humidity and air circulation. With 3 150w CFLs