First Time Growing, Need Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Friedbiscut, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Hello everyone!

I am new to GC, and the whole reason I joined was to get some more information on growing.

I have 1 seed, currently I am "germinating" it. I have it wrapped up in a damp/wet paper towel in a plastic bag. I am waiting for a little root to grow out, then I am going to put it into a good sized cup (holes in the bottom) and I am gonna put tinfoil over the top (obv soil in the cup). Then I am gonna put it outside in a shed (hidden) until my plant starts to grow.

I did some research and watched a little youtube on how to grow and this is as far as I got.

I am growing just 1 plant at the moment, I have 5 acres of land. BUT no one at my house can know that I am growing it. I found a spot, about a quarter of a mile out on the backside of my neighbors property (They have about 30 acres) and it is only reachable if you JUMP our fence and walk about a quarter mile.

AM I doing this right?? I am new to ALL of this so don't be calling me stupid. I honestly don't know what to do once my plant starts to grow and I have to move it out of my shed. I figured putting it into a big cardboard box that is wrapped in tin foil and outside in the sun would work. But I honestly have no idea. I don't really have much money to go out and get "professional" materials and stuff like that. So I just need the basic noob growing help. I don't even know how much to water the thing lol, I just figured once a day would be fine.

If anyone can lead me through this or help me with this, I would be VERY thankful. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section as well, pretty big forums!

2. Just giving this a little bump, need to know this ASAP! Thank you <3

3. Hey man i'm starting a grow soon as well, hope you can find some help

4. as long as you know they wont find it on there property not like they can know who did it just be prepared to lose it make sure there is no live stock they fucken love the shit iv watched them smash over fences just to get my uncles crops once was kinda funny but my uncle was just really mad even went to get the rifle out then reconsidered i couldnt help but laugh anyways watering once a day is to much when the leaves droop dont worry if its drooping only slightly this is ok but if you over water they will dropp right over and you will know now question is do you want to love this plant and make it big and powerful can you afford atleast 40 bucks worse case scenario for nutrients you need nutes.... and to water iv always pictured the plants size like well ok the root mass cant be much bigger than the plant... and at that stage in its life 250ml of water would be fine and maybe once every 2-3 days you would water depending how hot it gets by you 

5. biggest rule you dont wanna get caught watering or walking over with watering cans on someone elses property make sure your in a good spot thats somewhat hidden but still gets some if not all the sun through the day 

Yes, there is no possible way any live stock or my neighbors can get to the spot I am going to put it at.

HERE is an update on how it is going.

My Germinated seed: http://postimg.org/image/n46xtp6zz/

This is what I used to plant it in: http://postimg.org/image/shtw0jffb/  (It is glass)

Here it is, with my lovely seed inside: http://postimg.org/image/whoedylsd/

I put fresh soil in container, I dumped about a handful of water into it before putting my little seed inside, to make sure it was moist and good to go.

I have it sitting in a corner of my room at the moment. I am new to this like I said, and have no idea what to do now. I figured once I can see the plant sprouting I need to go and put it up in the spot that I have decided to put it. Then just water it once every 2-3 days?

I do have $40 actually, but I can't really ask my mom to take me to Home Depot or something and come out with all kinds of nutrients and shit. Are they required?? I am going to love this plant and treat like my baby <3 but it is more of a test run. I defiantly want to get some bud out of it, and some seeds. So I can keep a little/sell a little then I can be ready for my 2nd grow, with multiple plants and the right nutrients and stuff,

If you can sort of give me a detailed summary of what I need to do/what nutrients/supplies I need that would be amazing. Links or pictures will help as well lol. Anything that will get me going! I really do appreciate the help from anyone and everyone, I will keep you all updated.

Also how long till you start seeing some bud? Am I going to be able to pick some bud and smoke it, and let it grow at the same time. Or so I need to wait till she is 100% ready to harvest? 

7. put it into a pot not a jar roots are sensitive to light so if they hit the edges there may be problems and also if it grows to a certain size with that lip itll be hard to get it out man also nutrients are essential i suggest you do some googling to my friend and just curious you need to put outdoors down at a certain time of year cause its an annual plant it starts when the days are long buds when the days are short and if its your only seed you wanna pray shes female and you probably wont ge a seed back if its female and you kind of dont want seeds if its female ever seen seeds in your buds? if you do its crap occasionally if your lucky there may be 1 or 2 in an entire female plant gauranteeing if they are even passable you know? so you need to find out in your country if your even in the right time to plant it outdoors man just google it 

8. dont worry to much though man shes a plant and better yet its a weed they are pretty strong plants its usually us interfering with them that usually does the damage lol and even if she is dry for a day or to when shes getten a bit bigger to it odnt matter it makes the roots look for more shit hence the dive deeper then you water em again and they love it  

9. I was reading a little, and around May-July is when planting outdoors is good. It is just coming to the end of July so hopefully I will be okay, I have no where else to grow but outside. As for the glass jar, that is LITERALLY all I have. It will be impossible for me to get a pot. No one at my house is into growing any kind of plants so there are none laying around. Is the glass jar a 100% fail?? Or just not good for the roots. Also I did a little reading, what do people mean when they say "feeding"? I saw something about tomato seeds, what should I be "feeding it" and how often, and when should I start the feeding process?

10. thats the nutrient thing you may just be lucky enough that your farm area has nutrient enriched soil already but also maybe not this is where the buying the fertilizer comes in which isnt gonna be good for you can you do the mission by yourself?

11. Yeah I can defiantly try. What kind of nutrients will I need, how often to I apply them, when do I start applying them, and how much do I apply lol. After that I think I will be good to go.

12. watch for dogs aswell as livestock.  Mine love to eat the buds and leaves, leaving just the stem :/

my friend may forgive me one day :p

13. you need 2 bottles you need to look on the bottles and find NPK ratio N nitrogen P phosphorus K potassium 
    for veg i dont know outdoors im and indoors man but veg stage which is your long days in outdoors i use 8-3-6 NPK ratio it works fine 
    and waay later your gonna need something with an npk ratio of say 1-5-5 and once your girl has sprouted you wait around 10-14 days your choice then you feed it 1/4 str of the solution it says on the bottle it may say 5m to 1 litre so you would do some math and work out how much that is to the tiny little 250ml you will be watering each time because the root system is small and you dont want to drown your roots they only thrive when oxygen is given 

14. What do you mean by 8-3-6? Are there measurements on the bottle and you work out the math? 2 bottles, or 3 bottles? Should I go and get the bottles today, and start feeding her right now? Sorry for all the questions, math is my weakest "subject" so i'm not very good with measurements. 

15. you do not need feed for a month, do not feed, it can kill it.

16. Okay awesome, thank you. I will just water it, and let her grow! I will update with pictures!!!

17. #17 Neegabutt, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    Hey bro

I saw you mentioned putting aluminum foil over the container?

Definitely leave that off to let the plant get sunlight. If you're worried about too much rain, too much sun, pests during seedling age

Perhaps consider making a 2 liter bottle into a small greenhouse for it while it gets a little bigger

Sorry if I misunderstood

Edit: definitely did misunderstand, you prolly mean wrapping the inside of your box with tin foil.

You'd prolly do well to just transplant into the ground after a week or two in that jar. Perhaps wrap the jar in foil or bury it in the ground to give the roots some darkness in the meantime

18. #18 Friedbiscut, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    Day 3, and my plant just sprouted!!! I am really stoked actually lol. 

Here is a picture of her: http://i58.tinypic.com/e5lnah.jpg

I am planning on moving her outside around day 6 or 7. How is she looking? You probably can't tell because it just sprouted, but if you  can let me know!!

get it used to sunlight now, do it now so later the sun does not roast it. Sprouts that grow up in the sun do better.

20. She is out in the sun, thank you for that! So for now, I just keep watering her and making sure she is healthy and around "Day 30" I start feeding her?

I will update with a picture every 2 days or so, thank you!