Need Help Figuring Out What Sizes I Need To Get.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by aquafresh92, Jul 26, 2014.

1. So basically, for a while now I've just been using this bong http://www.grasscity.com/online_headshop/black-leaf-flaming-skull-percolator-bong-clear-6-arm-tree-percolator.cfm?iProductID=8882 with all the stuff it comes with, so I haven't been bothered to buy anything else. But I finally bought a ashcatcher, it doesn't fit into the downtube and the bowl only just doesn't fit into <a>it http://www.grasscity.com/online_headshop/weed-star-pre-cooler---3-arm-diffuser.cfm?iProductID=7756</a> is the ashcatcher I've got, but I really cant figure out what size bowl and downtube I need to get, can any one help me out? 

2. downstem is 18
    bowl/ashcatcher is 14

• Like Like x 1
  3. So need a 18.8 downstem and a 14.4 bowl or what? Like I dunno what I need because I'm a noob

4. Yeah, a 18mm downstem and a 14 mm bowl. Tell them that in the headshop those sizes are universal

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 aquafresh92, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    Hate to bring up a thread from a few days back, but after being helped upon what mm size things I need, I now need a way to figure out what cm long diffuser I need to get, I'm a massive noob when it comes to bongs so I don't really know, Is there a way to figure that out? I don't want to get one too long that doesn't fit, so if any one can help i'd really appreciate it.

edit: I've been looking at the stuff that I've got at the moment and I really don't have a clue. So I'll explain it a bit more, Right now I have the bong that I linked above, I no longer have the downstem that comes with it, so I need to buy a new one. Basically all I'm trying to figure out is, what size Bowl will fit this http://www.grasscity.com/online_headshop/weed-star-pre-cooler---3-arm-diffuser.cfm?iProductID=7756
    And what size Diffuser do I need to fit the bong I linked in my original post? 

6. You need to measure the downstem from the top of the ground joint (which will be midway up the downstem) and the end that goes in the water. That is the length you'll need to buy.

7. I've figured all that stuff out, so thanks for your help. But what I need to know now is what size bowl do I need? This part is what's really bugging me. The ashcatcher that I've linked above I have no clue what size bowl it needs, this is just a case of I don't want to buy one and have it not fit, so any chance you could help me out?

8. You're going to have to eyeball it cause EDIT sucks. It looks to me like 18mm but that's just going off a comparison of the other joint. If you're in the US, I'd buy from AquaLab so you know exactly what you're receiving. Good luck.

9. Just measure it, man. Probably simpler since we can't see it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. also, get a tape measure or ruler that measures millimeters.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tape measures are great for measuring things.

18.8mm = 0.74 inches
    14.4mm = 0.56 inches

12. If you're in a store and you can't eyeball it/they don't know their salt, you can telling by using a penny if you're in the US. A penny goes about halfway into an 18mm but won't go into a 14mm.