Keeping The Light Out

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by 420Derek_, Jul 26, 2014.

1. this is my first grow, but i am determined to produce well on the first try. I have created my own grow room from my closet. but i am having trouble making it light proof. i built this door from plywood. it's pretty unique but the main space where it opens is pretty hard to light proof. i recently brought this light proof material and it works well but it had to be cut to fit and there are gaps and im running low on funds and i really need to get my plant into the room. can anyone help me?

someone recommended i hang up a sheet or two and i am considering it. just don't kknow if it will truly work with 400 watt mh

2. Are you trying to keep light out or in...?

3. on my room I sued a spare bedroom. I had light visible from the hall way around door. I took 12 pack card (cut to size)board and spray glued to the door on the inside to over lap the seam when door closed. bingo, no light. down side is I probably ruined the door. ive used panda film and spray glue to black out side windows also. white side out so all u c is white from out side.