Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New To The Hash Oil Thing..need A Lot Of Help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by RandomSmokerNYC, Jul 26, 2014.

1. A little a while ago I purchased a gram of oil from one of my homies. I did not realize it would be oil though when I bought it. I have only been smoking anything other than jane for a few months, and what I had been getting off him recently was the harder wax. 'Budder' I believe. The consistency of it didn't stick to my fingers. This one does. And I do not know what to do with it. I had been putting the 'budder' in a bowl, and smoking it, with weed. This one I have already managed to get one small piece in my bowl and I am smacked. But it took about a half hour (10 minutes lol).

I am pretty new at this. I am pretty fine with smoking it out of a bowl I use an unfolded paperclip but it is super hard to manipulate this wax. I don't know what to do...

2. Yea its fun to deal with. I got a silicone stash container and a two ended spoon thingy, on one end its small and the other is smaller.

Its just a bad ass scraper tool.

3. Just smoke it how you been smoking it.  Or you could drop $100+ on a rig.  Pics would help.

4. I mean. I don't wanna go through the trouble of uploading pics i barley know how to on a forum. I could just describe it to you though.
    I use about $20-$30 little glass bowl. Works well with the budder. I usually put a little piece sandwiched in with some weed. The problem I have with this sticker shit is though its just too sticky! lol. But I guess everyone has that problem. It seems like it gets you higher though, which is good. Its just hard to work with. I feel like I'm losing some of it to my fingertips and other things by accident.

5. That about the only way I smoke Herbs anymore.. kinda wastefull on the oil though.  But I mostly use the bubbler and dab it.  Bubbler was $29 and the pipe $15 at local cigarette store.
    [​IMG]

6. When it's too sticky to handle scoop it out with a pin and use a lighter to heat it up enough that it will drop onto your bowl like a hershey's kiss.

or you can dab it

or you can scoop it with a pin and spread it on a rolling paper, inside or out.

or you can hot knife it(oldschool dabs)

7. Just use a pin, heat up pin quickly(1 second max) then collect a small piece, the use your lighter to heat the middle of you pin and the oil will drop off...put your bowl underneath the pin.

8. But when it drops onto your bowl isn't it being burned out, essentially?

And Im sorry, but define 'dabbing'. and old school dabs...

The rolling paper method I might have success with.

Nope.  It won't burn out that fast.  Your flame only needs to kills the oil glob a couple times.  You'll get used to playing with it.

Just youtube or google "dabs".  It's just a way of smoking oil.

And hotknifes is just an olschool low tech way of doing dabs, with a butter knife and a stove. :D

10. Put it on a safety pin and dab it onto your bowl when it is cherrying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Dont dab on kitchen knives, inhaling chromium fumes is not good

Lol I don't understand why some people think you can just dab off of anything that's stainless steel..

Well if those arent the most crackhead lookin rigs I've ever seen...

hehehe :bongin:

14. such a bad stigma surrounding freebase oil pipes, I personally think they are cool as shit I really enjoy watching the concentrate slowly bubble.

right? Lol I saw a guy on here he was dabbing off an actual nail you would put into wood 😂wish I could remember the thread.

Travel size. :)

16. I'll try to break it down for you. Dabs are like weed concentrate. It's largely composed of THC. If you put a lighter to it you'll burn it and that will get you high but if you skip the combustion phase and can get it immediately hot enough to surpass it's heat of vaporization, it vaporizes. Science, man.

So what you need is 1) something to keep it in. Silicone concentrate jar. Small, heat and stick resistant. Made to hold dabs. Will run about $3. Look on eBay. 2) a "dabber", which is a titanium tool used to scrape, collect, and deliver dabs to your heat source without burning your fingers. Needs to be titanium for health reasons. $10 probably. 3) I recommend a rig. Which is like a bong, but instead of a downstem and bowl, you have a nail (also titanium) that you heat to over 1000 degrees F and touch the dabs to to vaporize them. 4) if you get a rig you may need the nail separately. Get a domeless one, which is one piece and may fit right into a bong you already have or a rig. Sizing matters in terms of millimeters. Match the sizes. 5) a blowtorch. Either propane or butane powered. That's how you heat the nail.

Once you have all the materials, watch a dab on YouTube and mimic it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. you can watch your oil boil on any rig.. :confused:

18. not as slowly, different strokes for different folks. I know my freebase pipe isnt for crack so it doesnt really bother me haha.

19. dont burn your dabs then, simple.