Year Round Growing?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by imjfo, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Okay so I live in southern California ~3000 feet in chaparral type hills so frost/below freezing tempertures are rare (snowed 5 times in the passed 10 years with only 1-2 inches of snow)

So I was wondering if somehow we can grow maybe more than once per year?

I always read that the vegging/flower processes are directly effected by maturity/genetics rather than light cycles, outdoors.

So theoretically we can put some clones/seedlings in the ground right now under the green house and let them veg till around December and by then I except them to be mature enough to start flowering and we would have a whole another harvest by March right around the time we start putting them in the ground anyways?

Basically my question is, is it possible to grow throughout the year if the climate is right?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yes, you are totally correct in what you say and how to do it! When I was in N. California and Oregon(red river skunk!), we would start plants indoors and then move them outside as soon as the danger of frost was over. Plants in soil(both in containers and in the ground), can withstand bitter cold! Soil is a excellent insulator! I love growing in the outdoors! To me, nothing beats it! Good luck! Keep it Green! Peace! :hippie:

3. The plants are still photo determinate outside, sometimes we would use gas light scheduling to keep the plants in veg until we were ready to flower them. There were also times we would have to use shade cloth or tarps(to artificially shorten daylight hours), in order to flower. Peace! :yay:

4. In a green house with heat and supplemental lighting. You can grow all winter.

I built a greenhouse this spring, this fall I will put it to the test.

5. I grow 24/7/ 365 ...and if I was in your position, I'd go Afgani special l(KC BRAINS) all the way, to take advantage of that extra height and more UV, than most growers, a solar powered green house would be the way, many Afganis like a cold blast, and expect trees not shrubs

• Like Like x 1
  6. I made a 5 by 5 area that I wraped in landscaping white plastic I live in so cal so its cold in the desert so I took a heat blanket an burried it in the green house so my floor is heated also I ran a duct from my bathroom windo to keep temp an humidity controld an I hope it works ill have it up with my winter journal the end of this month

mango420s

• Like Like x 1