Critical Hog, 1200W, 7 Gal Smart Pots, Organic.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by awek420, Jul 25, 2014.

1. #21 CanadianOrganic, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    Have you ever thought about supplementing co2? Your temps arent too bad. Ive seen them thrive in 90+ without co2 however with co2 optimum levels are 85-95 and to get the most out of it you want 90-95. I've never done it myself - will be once my living soil is finished so I dont have to worry so much about limiting factors - but I've heard they grow as much as an extra 30% (not quite sure if they grow 30% faster or if yield is 30% more) but either way well worth the money renting a tank.

2. I don't have the funds to do it yet, but I'm planning on supplementing CO2 in future grows.
    Thanks man!

3. Almost 8 weeks.

Attached Files:

4. Lol, thanks man!

5. #26 Snake Chamber, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    My only advice is teach me your ways! Those plants are fucking gourgeous.

6. Lol, thanks man! My ways are rather simple actually. I use TGA Super Soil, so all the plants need is water and an occasional mineral supplement. I choose to supplement with silica as well, but it's not required and doesn't really affect the quality IMO, just the weight and density, as well as stalk strength.

7. Yea my organic soil should be here today. Im hoping that all ill need is water as well. Does anyone know if soil would go to shit if its left in a truck for a week and a half on 25 degree days?

8. it's not a brand you wouldve heard of i dont live in the states.

ANL Certified Organic Vegetable & Herb Mix 30L - ANL / Greenlife.
    Contains:
    # Certified Organic Compost.
    # Certified Propagation Sand.
    # Organic Certified Dynamic Lifter Fines.

Can you recommend a simple easy act to use?

9. Compost & molasses would be the simplest I believe but there's a thread out there that's dedicated to teas. Also, double check with one of the experts out there in regards to your soil

10. #32 CanadianOrganic, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    That soil is not even close to water only. What are 'Dynamic Lifter Fines'?

11. "Water only" soil is usually very alive. Microorganisms, fungi, bacteria, along with organic sources of all your essentials N,P,K (sometimes even macros, depending on the mix). Mine has copious amounts of dolomite limestone, cocoa fiber, and peat moss to give it it's desired consistency, and then a long list of organic ingredients to give it the potency. Then to keep it active, tons of microorganisms and fungi are introduced. With my soil, I occasionally need to give them some Cal-Mag+, which is Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, and some other trace minerals. This is only needed about 4 times for a 4 month plant life. Then, I give them a little molasses about halfway through flowering. This increases the flavor and oils of the buds, and the sugars in it break down and turn into compounds that the plant uses for energy in specific. Much like carbs and our own body.

12. @[member="CanadianOrganic"] You have anything to add to that little explanation? As knowledgeable as I may (or may not) sound, I don't actually know that much about organic soils and teas. Just the basics behind them. My soil comes this way from the store, I'm no soil brewer.

13. 1 of my 5 Critical Hog finished about a week behind the rest. It was always a little behind as far growth rates, so it was the smallest by far. Still looks like a decent yield, and super tight buds. The others have close to double this, and much bigger colas, so I'm stoked to see what I get off them!

Attached Files:

14. Honestly I'm a newbie in that area as well :p just started my own Living Soil. However, the only thing that soil has to provide nutrients is the compost. The sand will do nothing but compact it, he'll need some sort of aeration ammendment so his plants don't suffocate. You need some other ammendments such as kelp meal, alfalfa meal, earth worm castings, etc.

15. #37 greaterthings123, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    Your soil will be absolutely fine! I don't know if it's organic... but, that wasn't your question.  Yes, your soil, being outside where it always is meant to be, for a week and a half, will not need any special treatment to put your plants in.  I can't comprehend why someone would think SOIL left OUTSIDE would go bad.

The only thing you should be thoughtful about is bugs getting into your bag.

16. He was considering the microbes. If it is a true 'organic' soil you will want to keep it moist. Not WET, but don't let it dry out.