Weird Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DarkDress87, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Okay so you are at the gardening store.

You live in a state that hasn't legalized.

You are kinda slowly browsing around in a fascinated stupor like the true stoner you are when the friendly and bored employee walking around the mostly empty store comes up to you and goes,
    "whatcha growing"

.... what do you say?

2. I simply say, an array of fruits and vegetables. Done deal from there, I say I know what I need and will let them know if I need any help.

3. I say vegetables. That's it, they shouldn't ask for more. You just have to stay calm. If you are calm, people will believe you.

4. #4 UpAndComer, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    you tell em you want the best shit to grow your buds big dank and frosty see what his reaction is and be like na im just fuckin with ya im growing tomatos 

5. I grow a garden and have animals so I know them well at the farm store. They know I buy hydro stuff there.

Our local farm stores stock 1,000w lights and everything here in Washington. You can tell they stock a isle just for the pot growers.

6. hahahaha it happened to me today and I was all like "dude I want to be that guy that is too cool for the supermarket because he grows all his own shit" 

7. There's an absolutely wonderful indoor gardening store near me by the name of Worm's Way that I used to spend a ton of time at.  Dreaming of the day that I'd be able to afford the incredible lights they had, grow tents, every accessory imaginable.  I made the mistake of going in there one day (this is 7-8 years ago) to browse around and I was inspecting their selection of nutrients.  An associate (looked like a stoner, for sure) asked me if he could help me find anything and I blurted out "Do you guys stock Advanced Nutrients?"  He smiled, walked away and came back a moment later with a posty note with a phone number on it and said "Give this guy a call".  So I suppose I didn't come out and directly say what I was growing but based on what I asked for, it was pretty obvious. I did end up getting an array of Advanced Nutrients products from the guy on the posty note.

8. hahahaha that is awesome! Maybe one day I'll get lucky and have a stoner for a clerk at the store. I'm sure if they are working at damn Agway they must know how to grow weed right?

9. Worms Way rules!

10. A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

So the store didn't stock AN? You had to call a guy on a post-it to get AN outside of the store? Was it just cheaper or all that was available?

12. ahh this brings me back. my very first time me and my buddy went to get soil for our first ever grow. sure enough an employee walks over and asks if he could help. first thing that came to mind... "uhhhh, i'm buying soil for my mom. she grows tomatoes!" Employee responds... "yeah, tomatoes are out of season right now..." super awkward silence for a solid 10 seconds... just when i'm about to bolt dude grabs a small bag of soil and goes "try this...your mom should love it." very sarcastically. 

but wait... there's more...

2nd most embarrassing moment. this time i'm looking for rockwool cubes. go to the store. can't find the damn things to save my life. finally go ask random employee. she's never even heard of rockwool. she then proceeds to go above and beyond her call of duty and finds 3 other employees!! two of em, same thing, no clue what rockwool is. but employee #3... gives me a hard look and starts laughing. this guy knew what time it was. he says "rockwool huh. it must be for you aquarium. thats what i use too". me - "oh yeah! definitely!" employee - "well sorry. but we don't sell rockwool." doh!! hang my head in shame... walk out as fast as possible.

all of this was when i was a dumb teenager slash pre internet. so my grow knowledge was zilch. lol

but i'd listen to these guys on the forum. they always seem to know whats up. :smoke:

13. Lol I dread being asked that so get a gameplay ready be4 hand and say "my gma sent me in here to get some things idk wat shes growing.."

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Cannabis nutrients are extremely similar to growing tomatoes. So say tomatoes. and if you need to give them a story about symptoms that are happening that are improved by the brand you're looking at. Never had to buy them, just know how to. Or you could order them online like a normal person, no contact. Best thing in the world.

15. Man you don't know how many times I think about how this situation would go if I was in it lol, kinda sketched to go to a fancy hydro store, afraid the kid will come up to me expecting me to know my shit, which I don't haha.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I went to a garden centre the other day (UK) to get something to get chlorine out of tap water fast as my girl had gone N toxic.
    The place had a pool and spa section and I asked the guy wether they had chlorine dissolving tablets, and with that his mate perks up and starts asking me questions about my pool etc etc of which I made up a ton of BS and left.

17. realistically its easy to get out of a bind depending on set situation you can be like hmm well i may just have to go home and check the spec or go home and check if that was the right soil that my grandma wanted blah blah iv never been shy to lie straight out right to people horrible trait really but good in this case =]

18. #19 NGP, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014

can't be too great if they dont even stock AN :poke:

Just playin btw :D

19. #20 mike_t_russell, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
    Before I became legal, I would tell them I was growing tomatoes. Now I just tell em' I'm growing skunky, dank buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum