New To The Led World.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Weeman30, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Would it do the job for 4-5 Plants?

2. #3 SaltyWarDog, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Chinese crap, use at your own risk of malfunction, or fire. Some on here like them I do not.

also they spelled super, supor lol

3. Bump for some feedback on the light besides its chinese shit.

How many plants?
    Grow size the light can cover?
    Any other Tips or any info on Leds!!

Any thoughts on the light be great

4. fully grown plants 1-2. 4x4 is the average area. a lot of guys take them apart and make sure no debris was left behind which has happened.

It says this about the diodes, not sure why it has 5w and 3w listed maybe it runs at 3w but why put in 5w
    High Efficiency Powerful 3Watt BridgeLux LEDs, Low Energy Consumption
    LED Quantities: 126PCS Exclusive 5W Bridgelux/ Epistar grow LEDs

5. It's interesting that every LED seller from China ships from Shen Zhen, including the grass city partner topledgrowlight.com. Don't have personal experience with them yet, but most people seem happy with them, if you're going to go Chinese direct I'd do one of topledgrowlights products.

A hydro shop owner out of Cali told me the expensive LEDs in his shop were Chinese ones, with another vendors sticker on them, and said Mars II was by far the best seller in his shop in terms of customer satisfaction.

In terms of the light you posted, it's the same light most Chinese sellers have stocked, the same one an eBay scammer stocked that sold me some reeeeally shitty lights. I would suggest not going to eBay for cheap lights, I was very fortunate I got out of their scam with my money, I'd cough up a bit more to buy from topled.

6. I would suggest whatever you choose by brand... buy from a company, not ebay, alibaba or amazon.... with those you have no warranty, or very limited...

First off, as every electronic, there are products that last, and there are products that fail... get a good warranty and go with a company known to support your purchase and warranty, as hassle free as you can..worst case scenereo, your in flowering, your light fails...what do you do now? and how does this company respond...

I personally have both Mars II and the Top LED reflector series lights, and they are good lights for the price.. Top LED does have great customer service,, and even one of my shipments the light was damage in transport, and they immediately fixed the problem, no stress, no worries, they handled it...great customer service...

I currently am using another brand called Intelligent Gro which has controllable spectrum channels, and dimming....very cool features on a LED light for power savings and for photomorphogenesis manipulation. I just finished my 1st grow with them and had the highest Grams/Watt with the intelligent gro lights, even over the top led, HPS, CMH and MH grows....so they grew more efficiently than any other light source I have used. Also the buds actually turned out better than any other grows in terms of taste, trichome development and flavor. Might want to check them out..

I would recommend 1st....look to see the product support/warranty...next find out if people actually are getting good results in real world trials, journals etc....Then look at price.... If you do these things, you most likely will have a good experience no matter how you approach it.

2ndly... go for a panel with quality components...  any led using Epistar, epiled or other "no name" brand of led diodes is not allowing you to get the best luminous efficiency. Using a Cree, Bridgelux, OSRAM or Lumiled chip vs these cheap no name brands is going to produce more light for the electricity draw (higher efficiency in using electricity). They also will have longer life, less color shift over time, and less lumen depreciation. So if you can afford to go with a LED light with quality components...you will get more life out of your investment... Also look at the drivers...does the company use brand name quality drivers like meanwell, or do they use some crappy no name driver...

Hope this helps.