Help Me Plan My Grow And A Few Questions From O The Wise Ones?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lumenumium, Jul 25, 2014.

1. #1 Lumenumium, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
       :hello: First off all i love u grassicty members, this is my 1st post and actually things are gaining momentum :hello: <span> </span> 

So... I have a closet which is (1.6 ft Deep) x (3.9 ft Wide) x (5.3 ft High). I'm pondering of using this space for his plants trough all their stages.

So lets say that if I was to get a 600w Eurolux light kit, costing $105, which contains:
    • Reflector
    • Eurolux 600W Ballast
    • Eurolux 600W HPS Grow Lamp
    and the buy an additional 600W MH lamp for vegging (to switch whit the HPS lamp), what kind of heat issues would I have to battle and on top of that I has to keep in mind that this grow room has to be quiet so sound is an issue as is money.
    \nWhat kind and how strong of a carbon filter and fan would I need to deal whit the heat and ventilation + can anyone point me on to a place that can teach l all thy one needs to know about nutrients?
    Thank you O'sexy ones
    :bongin:  :bongin:  :bongin:

2. If you are wanting to go with 600 watt you are going to need at least a 400 cfm fan. It also depends on what the temperature of your house.

Won't you help to sing, these songs of freedom.

3. That's too powerful a light for a space that size. You need a 250w or something since your space is very small. I grow in a similar sized space.

4. #4 Bongsauce, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    looks like just over 6 square feet. recommended wattage with HPS is 50w per square foot. I think a 250w hps would be fine in there. You should be able to cool that with a 4" inline fan and filter. Inline fans are pretty loud though...either get a better fan or get a speed control for the inline.

If you want a quieter fan look into panasonic whisper bathroom fans. They are dead quiet and I've successfully cooled a 400w hps with a filter using one. I've purchased 3 of them for different grows. I currently have a 4" 110 cfm one that cooled my cabinet which housed 2x 175w hps and a 64w led panel. They can even be ordered on lowe's or walmart's site for store pickup so you get free shipping. If yer interested in those let me know and I can link the specific models directly. Only thing is if you get one of these fans they have a 12"x12" intake area you you need to convert that down to a 4" duct to accommodate the filter. I really can't say enough good things about these fans....they push alot of air and are dead silent. I think they run about 110-130$...bout what you'd pay for a 4" inline I think.

If you can afford it, I'd get an adjustable digital ballast too...I love them. You could then adjust wattage for your needs...and they are also silent and run cooler. Magnetic ballasts have an annoying buzz to them that isn't very stealth sometimes.

*aww man this is like over two months old. :v/

5. #5 CanadianOrganic, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    BONGSAUCE, JUST ANOTHER VICTIM OF THE ZOMBIE THREAD

*Dun dun dun*