Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First Time Smoking - Crazy Red Eyes

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by coughyman, Jul 25, 2014.

1. So I had my first time smoking last week, it was pretty good even though we didn't smoke that much, 4-5 hits from bong. We were in Barcelona so it was really a perfect opportunity.

I really enjoyed the experience, even though I coughed like a bitch (held it in as long as I could), that was really the only negative physical part of it. The only annoying thing was that I got crazy red eyes. This wasn't just the eye itself but all around my eyes about a centimeter too. It was soooo noticeable. Everybody knew I was stoned. 

Really I came here to ask how can I prevent this if I'm smoking again. Somehow I don't think eye drops will work as they only really work for the eye itself.

Other than that though, great experience. Didn't get any paranoia which surprised me (my friend did - even though he has smoked probably 20 times before). I got some nice effects regarding time dilation, but I think it might have just been my imagination. For example it felt like I was seeing things twice or three times, it was pretty cool. Also I felt as though I could consciously repeat things in my head, like if somebody said something I could play it over and over. Dunno if this was the weed as I've never heard anyone mention crazy shit like that.

Thanks guys in advance.

2. Eye drops will fix that every time. If you have allergies- allergy relief eye drops work well for both purposes.

3. Nice. Wasn't sure if they would with the redness being outside the eye too. Thanks for the reply, probably won't be smoking again for a good while but just wanted to check anyway.

4. Rhoto v eye drops burn but work wonders. But for me my eyes only get red with some strains it's weird lol.

5. What do you mean by outside the eyes? You mean your eyes were really squinty and looked a little puffed up and red or are you talking about the white of the eye?

6. once you start blazing a lot you know how to handle it haha, i would say eyedrops and sunglasses for now lol, face it, you wanna get stoned thats one of the side effects right... although a useful tip i do to help with that feeling of squinty eyes is i get a oxy alcohol face wipe and wipe that around my face, if i rub that shit under my eyes theres an instant perk and it seems to help

7. 4-5 bong tokes is a lot for your first time haha. I always throw in the visine if they get too red and I'm good to go

8. #8 Querkle F, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    Everyone always asks me why my eyes are red, I always talk about my hatred for allergies. I never said the allergies caused that shit, those silly mother fuckas.

[​IMG]

9. For the red eyes, I work in eye medicine, so here's my recommendations:
    1. Put in visine, it's 3 dollars. Just don't use it regularly more than once a day. Don't use it if you aren't going somewhere that they need to be white.
    2. If a police officer confronts you and they're red, say "yeah, they're always red, I have pinguecula from UV exposure, as a kid I would never wear sunglasses and this is what happened."
    3. Never agree to do the "looking at the finger" sobriety test, because you may fail that. It's not about where you look, it's about how your eyes move.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum