I Need Help Defending This Miracle Of A Plant

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Irie_Organics, Jul 24, 2014.

1. My in-laws (bless them) are extremely against cannabis even though there daughter has her card. I have been pro cannabis for a long time and need some documented proof for help. There intentions are well, but so misinformed and tricked by the system. They just sent me a very concerned and loving email with an attachment from The American Lung Association. Here's a link to the article and I would be beyond grateful for any links to any concrete evidence stating the opposite. Thank you!
    http://www.lung.org/associations/states/colorado/tobacco/marijuana.html

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Old School Smoker, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    Tell them that you do edibles. That will shut them up.

Granny storm crow has a list of things you can educate them on.

3. You won't change their mind so don't even bother. Let them mind thier own business.
    I am so glad I grow for my inlaws.

4. Could send them links to Prof David Nutt's (senior former UK drug advisor) research comparing drug harms (inc alcohol and tobacco). Cannabis was rated far safer than alcohol and tobacco in those studies :)

5. I understand I probably won't change there mind. I can't give up on society and especially family. It just scares me what foot hold the governmental system has over the gen pop. All we can do is lead by example. Thanks for the help from everyone.
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Download Granny Storm Crow's massive archive of MMJ studies - over 1,000 pages of JUST LINKS!

Search google for "NORML.org Introduction to the endocannabinoid system" and read a few other gems from their Library section.

Print out all the above and set it in their lap. Tell them to get back to you if they have any more questions.

BTW it has been substantially proven that smoking cannabis does not cause lung cancer, as tobacco cigarettes do. It is mildly irritating but still beneficially dilates the airways even helping those with asthma. Either way, edibles, tinctures and vaporizers eliminate the concern of mild irritation.

Science, history and biology are on OUR side regarding the safety, efficacy and RIGHT to access and cultivate cannabis. The detractors are propping their arguments on faulty logic, largely leftover remnants of the reefer madness propaganda era.

It's like if someone came up to you ranting and raving about how the Earth is flat and if you take a boat ride you might fall off the Earth! You can reach out to them but at some point, all you can do is smile and wish them well. Ironically its the prohibitionists who would benefit most from this gift of nature.

Which brings another point in itself - how senseless it is to prohibit, outlaw and condemn NATURE and its gifts. That is the first red flag and anyone who supports outlawing elements of nature has some serious, deep rooted troubles.

Good old Dr. Donald Tashkin!

Google his studies.

Here's one link, but there are many more. Pick one that will seem the most legitimate to your in-laws.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/10/study-smoking-marijuana-not-linked-with-lung-damage/

8. I really appreciate the response. I will be all over this info. It's definitely hard having people in opposition all the time to the way we live. I Finally convinced my wife after 10 years of marriage to try cannabis (just celebrated our 13th). She was dead set against it. Thought it was as bad as heroin because that's how she was raised. She was diagnosed with Lymes disease almost 4 years ago and I found some fantastic info online about herb and Lyme relief. That and doing extensive explaining finally convinced her and she was instantly convinced. I took a 10 year break from the herb out of respect for her, but never stopped being an advocate. I have always felt a connection with nature, but it always felt wrong in the ways I was brought up. We went Vegan 2.5 years ago and have just never really looked back from here. The more I learn about the systematic ways the less I want to "Fit in". It's just amazing to me. I was 320 pounds and eating straight garbage and nobody said a word. I go vegan and everyone and there dog tells me it's unhealthy and I won't get enough protein.
    The things the system teaches and how people just follow is scary.

9. Let them think what they want, they have the right to do so.