Is Getting A 250 Pax Vaporizer Worth It Or Should I Just Get A Glass Piece?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by NoBullshit, Jul 24, 2014.

1. I've used the Pax once and I thoroughly enjoyed it; but is it honestly worth it? I heard vaporizers are more efficient and cut your intake by half. -

Buuutt I could also buy a very nice working bubbler/water pipe for $100 - 180 and have a little more for money for grass than I would with the vaporizer.

I honestly don't know what to do here...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 VapeLifeAlex, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    Why not look at vaporizer reviews on YouTube, it'll make your end decision a lot easier.
    And while I've never used the pax, it does look nice but if it were up to me I'd go with the arizer solo.

In the long run they do definitely save bud so you make your money back over time.
    While nice glass is always good, I feel that vaporization and it's benefits outweigh the cost.

Except for those that have ridiculous price tags.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Hey, I have a pax and really like it. If budget isn't really an issue, I would just get the volcano. The pax does smell when it heats up so if that's an issue, avoid it. It holds a lot, has good taste, and is durable! If you are someone who is looking to put heavy use on the vape, go with the pax. The volcano is the best taste wise that I have tried and obviously has a bigger packing chamber. So, if you have the money, volcano, if not, the pax is great.

4. It's much healthier for your body and lungs to vaporize, and from experience i can say it cuts your intake incredibly, but you still get damn ripped off it. I would get it.  :metal:

5. @[member="Chris Stevenson"]
    Actually, get the volcano. haha :bongin:
    I've used it dozens of times and it does not disappoint for the money. 

6. Yes, the volcano is great, the taste is perfect.

7. I would like to disagree with ya there

8. IME smoking trumps vaping 7X/10.
    I say buy a 15$ glass pipe and throw the other $200 in the ashtray...

I just don't get the satisfaction from water vapor...and usually end up feeling more like I've had a cup of coffee than 2 grams of dank..which, I really needn't say, if smoked would have got me a shine on..lol.

9. Swedgen, have you tried the volcano?

10. Much better vapes out there by far than the volcano. Ever tried a log vape? So many downsides to the cano that it's really only a party piece for simplicity and ease of use inhale and pass the bag. Not hard. Connoisseurs would argue that to the bitter end. Cano is not worth the price tag personally, so many vapes out there that are better. Opinionated at that but I'm sure I'll have lots of members to back me up on that. Bag vapes go stale. It's a proven fact. All glass air and vapor path is the way to go.

11. Get a ~$100 handheld such as MFLB, Firewood, Hammer, Lotus, etc. Then you can also get glass! And some weed if you got enough cash.   B)

The Pax isn't very efficient unless you rig it. Vaporizing does save your herb depending on the vape you get. I own an Firewood, MFLB and Hammer; all of them are very efficient and allow me to take 1/8th of KB and have it last 2 weeks. 

I didn't get that kind of efficiency out of the Pax... But then again I'm not the best person to ask about it. While I own one, I never use it as it doesn't fit the bill for my priorities.

13. Get an mflb on eBay for 75$ ish. Some powerex rechargeable batteries for <15$. 160$ worth of weed. Vape the weed. Proceed to make oil or edibles with the vaped weed. Enjoy how much money/weed you save.

LOTS of counterfeit MFLB's floating around on Ebay.    Be careful...

You're really better off getting a new MFLB kit from somewhere so you get the new Glyph batteries. They're way better than the old MFLB batteries and outperform Powerex 2700's. I tried the Powerex's thinking I was going to get better performance, but lo and behold, they actually sucked compared to the Glyphs. The Powerex's took longer to charge, and didn't get the MFLB nearly as hot as the Glyph batteries do.

Ultimately I ended up just buying spare batteries off the MFLB site and been happy with it ever since.

16. I have a pax and I probly wouldn't buy it again. It uses a lot of bud. A bong would be much more efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I'll look into those. Sounds awesome, I need to stay up to date with this shit

18. I wish I had read up on it more before dropping 20$ lol. But yeah, the ones off their site are top notch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. i recommend the vapor genie. 60 bucks and does the trick. i had an extreme q which was amazing, but i prefer the vapor genie. low maintenance, inexpensive, portable, very durable.

check it out. I did a review on it a little bit ago, i dont think anyone commented on my threat tho.. lmfao