This Is A Male?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rc37, Jul 24, 2014.

1. I want to make sure before I pull it but my other plants have had some hairs for two weeks now..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry second picture is hard to see, also sorry if this is multiple posts because I'm on my phone

2.    Yes that is a male.   Sucks when they look so bushy and green. I just broke the news to a guy I helped out the other day. Out of 13 he now has 8 and one is male also but he is in denial.   Sorry for the loss.  You could keep it around another week but I'm sure it's male.   She would be poking out hairs right now on some other branch location.

3. It's a probable male in it's VERY early stages

4. Thanks guy, that's fine with me. 2/7 plants were female. I don't smoke a lot so losing plants isn't too important to me

Damn, I'm glad you're cool with 2/7. I know I'd at least want to get close to that 50/50 range with reg seeds. Sorry for ya brother, but at least you have 2 confirmed females so life ain't all that bad :)

Time to get some more beans poppin' :metal:

6.  That question looked kinda rude in the way it was asked but could be me.   I am only here to help and if someone wants to use my advice I have gathered over 24 years outdoor growing then great, If not oh well find a way that works. K that's out of the way...  Not sure but the years of me growing I have been over 80% in finding female seeds and only grew from seed. This year was the 1st time I seen that chart and "read" the instructions and I was 5 for 5 looking for the volcano shape at the base.  Before I would look for bold tiger stripe and thick round seeds and still successful.  Most would say luck but over the years that would be great luck. OK to your question:  I "believe" that if you did plant those 115 with male characteristics you thought to be male from that chart then 90-100 would be male since human error is a factor in choice.  Not sure of your experience so everything I write has newb in mind.  Sorry if that's not the case.  Myself I live in Northern California have grown since I was 17 and am now 41. My plants are 5' -6' wide 6-7 ft. tall  every year and get 2 lbs per plant. My pot is already sold and for indoor prices.  Not that it makes me special but seasoned and I wanted to give you some of my background!  Not that it matters!
      I wouldn't have written all this but I know what I'm doing and most people on here are Kids who know nothing about pot but what friends tell them. People take advice like it's poison that's why I'm only on here 5-10 times a year just because I'm bored and wanna see if anyone wants help.  Take care and happy growing.

Honestly didn't mean to offend, I was just being direct. By reasoning of your chart, there would be no need for modern seed sexing techniques that most seed banks use to differentiate between female seed sales, and reg seeds sales. With that chart, someone could just sit in the backroom and eyeball a 'volcano indentation' of each seed, and sort it out that way. My question, was simply stating a real world example, and asking percentile wise...of 200 seeds, 115 show male characteristics, if I plant those 115 will all of them be male? Not sure how that's rude, or why it required such a lengthy reply from you, which still didn't answer my question, so I'm replying here again to reiterate my question, so that we can just cut through the BS.

thanks!

8.   Oh the answer is in there and I'm stoned that's why the novel.  I said that out of the 115 that you choose from the chart due to human error I bet 85-100 would be male. The clubs have no modern techniques and if so what do you see them as? All they do is eyeball as well. They don't float them on air or send light through like chicken eggs.  Anyway I was 100% the 1st time trying it I thought I would send it out and didn't think I would get such a question on something so easy to do in my opinion.

9.   I just looked this up and didn't know it...
    For whatever reason, when colloidal silver solution is sprayed regularly on a  female cannabis plants during the early flowering stage, she will grow male "balls" (which are full of female pollen) instead of growing buds.
    This allows the grower to collect pollen from a female cannabis plant. You can use this all-female pollen to pollinate another female plant. With two female plants as parents, ALL the seeds will end up being female.
    That is why colloidal silver allows can be used create female x female cannabis crosses and produce your own feminized seeds.

10. Sorry to jump in someone's thread but I have the same question. Is this plant a male? I'm sure it is. and if it is, what do I do? Scrap it?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

11. throw it out or collect its pollen if its a good male, you may want to pollinate a cola or so for next time seeds

12. 2 of 7? That's a waste of time for me. I'll buy clones thank you.

13. Thanks SrGrower. We need more people like you and Tbone Shuffle to be on the forum to keep newbies like me out of trouble. Tbone Shuffle is helping me with LED light assembly right now. I will use your information to differentiate seeds. The colloidal silver spray to get female pollen and get feminized seeds seems pretty revolutionary definitely worth a shot to see what happens. Thanks again.