Help Newbie In Need Of Constructive Criticism

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by need2beschooled, Jul 24, 2014.

1. I agree it looks really stressed.

The clone might have been taken in flower and that's why it's showing weird growth....or sometimes plants do weird things just from stress...like grow weird long single leaves and throw out a random frosty calyx. New clones or seeds would pass that up in growth pretty quick as snoop said. Sometimes a plant will do nothing for about a month, sometimes they bounce back. Fresh clones would be the way to go...then you're at least guaranteed a mature female. Sometimes it's better to learn from your mistakes and move on rather then trying to nurse it back to health. (makes for a much less stressful growing experience too)

2. #42 need2beschooled, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    :( it sucks that my first growth I completely massacred my plants, I agree though I'm going to grow new plants but before I do I'm going to invest in a new setup, in October I'm coming into some cash and I'm going to gets lights, fans better nutes, and I'll have room to grow where it won't have to be stealth. I think that was my major issue that I had to fuck with them to constantly move them around and I kept burning them from high temps. I'm going to try one seed and implement everything I've learned to see the difference I appreciate everybody input. If You were waiting on these finances would you keep the ones that you have and see what happens with them or call it a loss?

3. I'd personally just kinda put a few of em on the back burner and continue to read and learn. Oct seems a ways away. You have a decent little set up to start mother plants and learn to take your own clones.

read, read, read. there's tons of knowledge here...it's like going to weed college  :p     

I told a guy once...find someone who's doing good and having great results, read through their thread...then find out who inspired them, find their thread, read though it..rinse and repeat. It's like following a family tree of growing. 

4. I have found some really great maestros that I've been learning from and reading hours and days worth of materials, this is why I've learned all my mistakes and spent my days trying to nurse them to health. My pictures don't do them any justice but they do look better but they also have stunted growth:(

5. So a couple if days into me just leaving them alone, no water no nutes no attention I come home to this uploadfromtaptalk1407213421234.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407213438832.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407213450507.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407213460969.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407213474030.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407213558084.jpg I'm going to continue to leave then alone till tomorrow, I bought a 1000w light so I will be doing some adjustments and germinating 2 og Kush seeds as a side by side grow. I will follow newly learned info and hopefully run a successful grow.

6. The cheap kit kicks ass for the price. Its easy to get a quarter pound out of one.

7. yep, listen to snoop.  I think I pulled about a qp of gdp when I did 2 plants in a setup like that under a 400w

just don't get crazy on the nutes. use lucas formula or something comparatively simple....don't go getting some crazy 15 part $300 set of nutes to start off with.

8. Wow that's awesome. I'm going to order this to start out and will update when I receive the kit.

9. So is the 1000watt too much then should I go for something around 400-600 or will it work good

10. nah just get 2 kits lol.  the 1k won't be necessary for quite a while either way. The way I see it, if you use one of those tubs under a 1k, the plants will have to be huge to fill out the recommended 4'x4' area that 1000w light should cover. Going into flower, those girls would probably drinking the whole rez in a day.   IMO.  

11. Just want to correct some incorrect info that was mentioned at least a couple times in this thread... if you are growing photos the plant loves to be transplanted and actually in order to get a nice sturdy root ball it is almost necessary. Personally I pot up 2 times on every plant (except clones I send straight to flower upon rooting) with no transplant shock... the key is transplanting up at the right time and the right way. As Snoop corrected earlier, the pot should be basically bone dry, this helps to easily remove the entire root mass and all the dirt that is intermingled in it. Fill the pot you are transplanting to with your medium to a level that when you rest the rootball on it the base of the stem is about an inch below the lip of the container. Take your plant and container, hold your hand on the top of the soil and support base of the stem and flip the container upside down and gently shake the plant loose and out of the container. While keeping as much of the root ball and soil in one piece as possible gently rest the root ball on top of the soil you put in the new container. if the roots have swirled around the sides and gotten extremely bunched up it may be necessary to rip at them a little bit to loosen the ball up (this will help with eliminating shock believe it or not). Gently fill in around the plant up to 0.5 inch below the lip of the container and saturate the medium with a good watering and if you want a root stimulator. Some people will add some ferts or nutes to the hole like some Espoma Plant Tone or Tomato Tone, EWC, etc. before placing the root ball in it.

this process works for me every time even when I don't use pots that are designed to be planted into larger pots like the coco ones I currently use for the first 2 containers I use. Normally what happens is I see a massive explosion of new growth due to the roots being well established and having more room to explore and microbes to synergize with.

12. Ha' very very well said! I was close to writing something very similer aswell!

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-
    The adventures of Loki! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1299798-Everyone-This-Is-Loki%2C-Loki-This-Is-Everyone

13. Sad to see you go my friend.will definitely stay posted on your page, as I'm not leaving soil grows completely, just looking for alternatives to keeping these girls alive and strong. Happy growing buddy.

14. #57 Head Chef, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    If you stick with soil obviously I will be staying :)
    And IMO if you want lots of buds go hydro, but it is a difficult process and you can kill a plant over night!
    -Hydro=huge yield good taste

-Soil with chem nutes = good yield good taste

-soil, organics = great yield amazing tasting buds ever!

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-
    The adventures of Loki! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1299798-Everyone-This-Is-Loki%2C-Loki-This-Is-Everyone

15. On July 30 I did an lst on my plants and left them alone and I'm seeing major new growth on them. Question is what am I doing that makes my plant look like a big pile of....well...ummm weeds lol instead of a beautiful flower looking growth that I see many other growers have. Is this good, bad, not a big deal. The pictures don't do them justice, compared to how bad they were doing they are starting to liven up ???? uploadfromtaptalk1407387249524.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407387262653.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407387274941.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407387303202.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407387325632.jpg

All those flowering bushes had to be leafy bushes first... In order to get a nice dense plant with lots of budsites you need a bushy plant with lots of branches and leaves.

17. Such a sad looking plants bro :(

IMO I think you would be best to pull her and start again! Just she is so stressed she's started to grow single waxy leaves, there is little to no growth and what growth there is is deformed and weak.

You will need a strong plant to hold your buds :) pop another seed and we will all guide ya through!

Peace 👽