Help Newbie In Need Of Constructive Criticism

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by need2beschooled, Jul 24, 2014.

1. I wasn't offended I appreciate blunt its the only way I will learn lol

2. Fyi... those babies will be stanky once.they start to flower. And they get potent.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

^^^ dont do that, transplant dry, then water.

4. #24 JohnDro, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    @[member="need2beschooled"] I'm in almost the same identical boat as you are. I started up a dozen plants from bag seeds in the window back in May just for kicks. They've been getting 15 hours of sunlight with half of that being direct. They stretched ridiculously high. On average more than a foot tall. And as I watched more and more grow vids I decided to take my own grow a little more seriously. I knew there was no way i was going to yield anything good in a window. So I went out and got four 23 watt soft white cfl's and a larger 65 watt cfl as well as a cheap five dollar timer. I moved my plants to a closet. and put them on 15 and 1/2 hours on and 8 and 1/2 hours in the dark. I'd like to slowly get them up to 18 hours of light and let them do some serious vegging but I've put these things under quite a bit of stress as it is. My grow space is roughly 4ft wide x 2 ft deep x 3 ft tall. The plants were way too tall so i had to LST every one of them. I'm hoping to get some growth going on some of the nodes where leaves fell off. I'm tellin ya these things are sticks. I'm noticing redness in the branches which I'm hoping is due to stress from tying them down. I'm using the Miracle Grow Organic medium mixed with some cheap stuff from Lowes. And I picked up some Grandma's Molasses which I plan to use once my plants get use to the new change of lights. I know that I have far too many plants in my space but none of them have been sexed yet and I haven't outgrown the space I do have so i figured I might as well keep everything I have. And i picked up a bottle of root hormone for 5 bucks for later cloning.  I also started up a couple of seedlings under the lights just to see how well they would do with hopes that they would grow with far less node spacing than the plants I have. And to my suprise at least one of them is doing surprisingly well. It was germinated six days ago and is starting its third row of leaves. And I'm noticing that after a day of being under the new lights everything is getting greener. I plan to add at least four more 23 watt cfl's as soon as I can get the chance to go grab them. I plan to get some cool whites to mix in with the warm whites that I have now. I've got photos of my setup if anybody is interested in checking them out. I'm needing all the advice I can get as well. I suppose I should start a grow journal sooner than later.

5. There dead.... Sorry fam!

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-
    The adventures of Loki! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1299798-Everyone-This-Is-Loki%2C-Loki-This-Is-Everyone

6. I thought they were :( I'm going to pick my three strongest and work with those and get rid of the others I've sent off for some autos (Afghanis x skunk x white dwarf) mix and I'm going to start fresh with the new knowledge I have. it's sad to see my first grow going like this but I'm learning.

7. My standard advice to noobs.

LEAVE THE PLANTS ALONE!

The plants have water the lights are on then leave them alone.

My plants grow great without me fucking with them.

8. That's a plan I plan on sticking to this next round I was just overly excited and scared of over watering under watering to much nutes not enough nutes burning my plants that I tended to them too much and fucked them even worse. Internet is full of contradicting information that I was yes no yes no lol I'm glad I found this forum, lots of great growers here with lots of knowledge

9. #29 SlightlyStonedSD, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    I agree with snoop you gotta leave them alone. They don't need all those nutes when they are so young. Just ph adjusted water for a few weeks imo.

Also save your money. When I started I spent a lot of time and money at Wal-Mart buying lights and ghetto rigging my setup. My advice to myself then would be to just save my money for a real grow light and other equipment

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. So I realized I was burning my plants because my grow space was reaching 100 I've moved them to a better ventilated location and they seem much happier @75-80 uploadfromtaptalk1406780284359.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780315626.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780336685.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780375629.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780388758.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780408808.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780422917.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780432687.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780450988.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780464746.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406780478942.jpg

11. Looking very good. I'm glad you were able to stabilize the temps. Now you can just watch them grow :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Oh and I'm subbed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I was starting to lose hope but now I'm very excited

13. Thanks bro, can't wait to see my results

14. My three out door ladies one BD and two GSC. uploadfromtaptalk1406957114665.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406957130688.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406957150965.jpg

15. IRMA uploadfromtaptalk1406957302640.jpg
    Grace uploadfromtaptalk1406957342014.jpg
    Cindy uploadfromtaptalk1406957367820.jpg
    Elizabeth uploadfromtaptalk1406957400433.jpg
    Sophia uploadfromtaptalk1406957424147.jpg

16. I recently did an LST on my indoor plants I have them on an 18/6 cycle but this morning I took a closer look and seen a hairy oval looking ball is this new growth our did my plant somehow go into flowering stage? HELP! this is the best picture I got with my crappy phone how it works. uploadfromtaptalk1407005173003.jpg

17. That plant looks very sad, stunted and stressed.  Plant new seeds and do nothing to them and they will pass those up in a few weeks.

Plant grow better if you dont fuck with them every 5 minutes.