Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Getting A Little Ripped Off By A Middle Man

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Squiddychillinghard, Jul 24, 2014.

1. So, since my dealer is gone for a week and I had to find another connection.
    My best friend's cousin offered to give me weed as the middle man
    Today I went I gave him the money he came back and gave me my baggie
    But it had like 0.4 gram less(I bought an eight)
    How do i prevent this from happening
    I usually buy weed everyday and since my dealer isnt around for a week I dont wanna get ripped off

2. Bring your own scale and tell him what was up last time. Just let him know that you were shorted and that you want to weigh it out just to make sure. Don't be shy, if you are upset, let him know.

3. Bring a scale or get him to weigh it in front of you. If he acts like a bitch about it then dudes probably trying to pull a fast one...

Bring the cash in smaller bills incase it's short. No way I'm giving somebody all the cash for a short sack...

This could be prevented by offering to smoke a few bowls with the middleman upon delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Move to a med state and do the right thing for the right reason.

5. Wow OP just wow. Here this guy goes and offers to be your middle man, which takes up his time and if he isn't buying any weed he isn't getting any deals either. Why shouldn't he get a little for finding you weed? Next time find a new direct dealer if you don't want to pay someone for doing a job for you. When I am a middleman I always take .2 from dime bags if I wasn't buying anything.

6. Did you get a hold of the "middleman" and tell him he shorted you.

7. man that never happens to me, i would be straight up and tell them off if they were doing that lol i would say to get a direct connection, trust me they are easy 

8. #8 IIGooGII, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    This. This this this and this.

Fortunately I no longer have to middleman for anybody or have to deal with a middleman, I've always believed it to be customary to smoke a bowl to whoever you get it from (assuming it's not a dealer, that's different), but the middleman is taking time out of his day to get you weed. Nobody likes doing that for free, and nobody especially likes doing it if they know they won't be smoked a bowl.

That's why middlemen pinch sacks, because otherwise they get nothing out of it. It's all about greed, and if you know your middleman somewhat they will usually reason with you if you say you'll smoke them a bowl after you get it.

Edit: Of course, weigh it still and if there's more than like .3 or .4 gone (bowl smoked), then he probably pinched your shit and at that point he's not a worthwhile person to hang out with anyways. Worst case you just smoked a douche bag a bowl and he got away with a bowl (him getting away with it is optional), but who here HASN'T ever smoked with at least one person they didn't like? I know I have more than once, it isn't fun, but it happens.

9. Not a big loss but I wouldn't deal with him anymore. Wait for your dealer

10. #10 bockscar, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Q: How do I prevent this from happening?
    A: Well since you buy weed everyday from him, ask him to give you a heads up next time he is leaving out of town for an extended period of time...then (MOST IMPORTANT) buy that many days worth of weed so you dont have to hit any one else up while hes gone.

Youre being super complainy in my opinion. As a disclaimer, I stopped "taxing" people in high school when i would middle man....with that being said, I RARELY middleman anymore and when I have lately its been for concentrates....and I kinda feel like a dick taxing concentrates cuz theyre SPENSIVE!

BUT...I do understand why people tax others when they ARE JUST MIDDLEMANNING! Your best friends cousin is obviously not your freind in the same way your bestie is....otherwise you prolly wouldve introduced him as a friend in the post. So this dude owes you NOTHING in life....you guys havent chased chicks together, gotten in trouble, and done other friend type stuff....so to him, youre just a TOURIST. This is why you get taxed. As mentioned, he is using his resources to complete an order for you....wether its just his time, or his time, gas....and not to mention the illegality!lol

So dont you think the guy deserves some compensation? He sure does and thats why he taxed you. CHALK IT UP TO THE GAME OP! Straight up. 

My story:
    My dude was also out of town and I ran out 2days before he came back. So i hollered at some other guy (no middleman) to buy an 8th. He came through....but it was straight 3.0. Chalk it up to the game...and there was no middle man!lol I sent him  a text that said: "3 grams? I thought I was getting an 8? Next time just tell me whats up, you dont have to lie. Thanks"

havent dealt with him since. So 3 options OP: 1. Move to a med State 2. Grow your own 3. chalk it up to the game since its more of an isolated incident than the norm you face daily!

LATE PHILOSOPHICAL EDIT:
    If the sack weighed out to 3.9, would you give the middle man the extra .4?
    mind blown?

This is just not an answer for many people.

In my case for instance, I'd love to move to a real med state. And I say real, because I actually do live in a med state. But it's one that's so restrictive that a person like me with various conditions, and a long verifiable history with doctors, who would easily qualify on the West side, does not even come close to qualifying here in the East.

But the reality is when you're married, and both have careers, and own a home it's just not that simple. Mortgages, student loans, car loans. You get anchored to where you are by virtue of the fact that you have bills and need to pay them. 

Finding  a new job requires being able to go to interviews, which is difficult when the majority of med states are thousands of miles away. It requires putting out money, and an even more valuable commodity, time.

Beyond that, I don't care what the news says, the real estate market is shit. It's tough selling a home right now. Then there's also the part about finding a home across the country, again requiring actually being there, thousands of miles away. More time.

Who has time for this stuff when you have to work?

I'm glad for every one who's blessed to either by luck been in a state that's converted to med, or had no obligations that tied them down, allowing them to relocate. I'm even more happy for the ones that have managed to some how connect the dots I just listed above and pull off the impossible, get job, sell home, buy home, and still pay bills at the same time maneuver. 

I guess what I'm saying is, saying move to a med state is just not realistic or easy for many people. Myself included. Which is stupid because I'm supposedly in one already! Doh...

12. #12 Old School Smoker, Jul 25, 2014
    OP abandoned the thread!!

13. Why not just up the price a couple bucks?

14. Hey, I messaged him that my bag was a little light and he never answered
    He now doesn't want to give me anything and Im currently trying to find another connection.
    Thanks for the replies
    And I can't move to a medical state, its kind of hard for me.

Beggars can't be choosers man, the guys who are telling you what to do probably have more choices than you. If I had only one source for weed, and nobody else would sell to me, and I paid say $50 for 3 grams of good shit, then I'd have kept my mouth shut. Of course there are better deals out there, but that's useless to you unless you have access.

Guy at my job is constantly talking about how cheap he can get certain things, but he's not a dealer (knows wholesalers). I pay double the price he brags about, and couldn't care less what he pays because his connections are unavailable to me. Same principle here, what everybody else would do isn't particularly what I would do. What did you gain by saying something? Nothing, would've been no different than just keeping your mouth shut and not buying from him again, or calling him only when things are completely dry (as they probably are for you)

16. #17 StillBlazing123, Jul 25, 2014
    Isn't that what a middle man does? If you use a middle man selling houses, or anything financial they'll take a cut.

He is buying it for the same price you want it, he's not going to do it for free unless he's a really good friend?

Buy direct, or tell him but don't expect much.

or ask him for the dealers number, but he may be reluctant.

17. /endthread

18. depending on where you live, you should try to find other dealers. i know its harder in some places and maybe i wont understand that living in an area where i can get weed from multiple sources which creates competition and getting deals. a buddy of mine got 2 grams for $5 because of the high concentration of dealers in the city i live in. 

19. i used to deal with a middle man then he robbed everyone getting weed from him my advice find an actual dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum