Help Identify This Piece? Cant Find Info

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Hex1023, Jul 24, 2014.

1. I just picked up this new piece today locally for 140$ can't seem to find any info on the brand...

Also what is the correct way to fill this thing? this is my first glass bong piece to be honest.

[​IMG]

2. Fill it by removing the slide and pouring a little water down the "downstem" until the honeycomb perc is covered. Then pour a little water down the mouthpiece until the slits on the top perc are covered. You're just gonna have to play with water levels to find what you enjoy...

Snag some ISO and salt to keep her clean. Enjoy blade :bongin:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I dunno the brand but nice piece

Should I use ISO and salt or simple green or maybe just some 420 cleaner? which would work best? also how long is it okay to leave water in a piece?

And it looks like i was filling it right....... 

5. I so salt is cheap and efficient

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Use Simple Green when it needs a heavy cleaning. For regular cleaning, ISO and salt works well.

7. If you clean regularly and change the water before it gets nasty then ISO and salt will keep her spotless. But if you let it get super nasty it's gonna be a bitch to clean.

As for changing the water, that's entirely up to you. I know people who change it every sess and I know others who wait a month...

I'd change it daily if you smoke several bowls a day. Enjoy it blade!

8. I remember reading somewhere that the salt is abrasive to glass and bad for glass tho? is that true? 

I've been emptying my water every session.. pain in the ass but want this piece to stay nice lol

9. i personally have never seen scratches in my glass from cleaning it, been using iso and salt for maaany years and no issues, although i currently use simple green for bigger pieces just because how convenient and easy it is for me.

10. Don't get any of those piece cleaning solutions, they aren't needed. Just rinse the bong often enough, and get some isopropyl alcohol and I'm pretty sure Iodized salt? Anyways, as long as you do an overnight soak every once in a while with the alcohol and salt mixed in, the bong should be brand new afterwards. Make damn sure that you get ALL of the salt and alcohol out of it before smoking, do a thorough water soak/rinse. Take some time to find your water level preference. And as for your question about leaving water in a piece, it really depends on if it's quality boroscillate glass or china glass. With my boro honeycomb bong I can just let hot water fill up most of my bong and let it sit there and soak for like 10 minutes or so. And I often forget to pour out water right after a session and leave the bong with some water in it all night. If it's china glass then I wouldn't fill the bong up with water ever, hear about people filling up a china bong with water and it breaking in their hands.

Just please don't be one of those stoners who doesn't change their bong water. Get in the habit of changing the water every session throughout the day. It is a lot cleaner tasting, and just better for you, and better for your bong. Happy toking

11. That's bulldog bong. I see the decal on it.

12. #12 Hex1023, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014

I have been changing the water after every session and then rinsing with water thoroughly.

I also picked up an ashcatch but I am running into some problems with it. Will post pics to see if anything can be done to fix it.

[​IMG]

The ashcatch is im assuming too big for the piece which isnt the real problem.. the problem is that the water I put in the ashcatch to cover the holes on the stem up is seeping into the bong after a few hits because the water is getting pulled from the ashcatcher down the stem because the angle on the ashcatch is leaning back to far....

Any kind of adapter i could get to adjust the angle so I dont gotta keep adjusting water levels halfway through a bowl?

13. I'm not really sure, haven't had that problem with ashcatchers. Try turning the ash catcher to the side so its at a different angle? Maybe that will help, sounds like a shitty problem though.

14. The waterlevel is way too high for the honeycomb. It really only needs to have water sit 1-2mm above the perc..

Also, it is good to have the cleaners on hand because iso turns boro yellow. The comment you made about the salt attaching to the piece... i believe that to be true as well. I took a microscope and examined the glass on my pieces. There are little specs littered throughout the glass (not something that can be washed away. I don't think they're air bubbles because it's some real quality glass.   

I just gave my piece a bath in that Grunge off. Gonna bust back out the scope and check it out to see if it helped with the salt abrasion. 

Yah The honeycomb is usually covered less that is what I was talking about the ashcatch is angled too far back that water slowly moves from the ashcatch to the honeycomb area... after about half a bowl i have to empty some and refill the ascatch 

16. #16 fancypantsdawg, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    yeah i had a tree perc ash catcher do the same thing. the water would go into the main chamber, fucking annoying. i went and traded it, it's a bitch, but you can kinda work around it if you lower the level of water in the ash catcher or dont rip the bong as hard. or kinda tilt the bong (yours specifically) forward so it's less likely to pass over. but, as you can see, that's a fucking bitch to do.

your best bet is probably trading the catcher if you can or lowering the water level on it tho. or ripping a lot less lol

17. #17 ckycampmember, Jul 26, 2014
    You need a 90* ashcatcher. It's because the attachment isn't made for that type of piece.You could always just run the ashcatcher without water...

Got it locally do pipe shops usually accept exchanges? say if i cleaned the piece really damn good? Is there no adapter that can make it so I can use the piece without problems?

19. #19 ckycampmember, Jul 26, 2014
    I have no idea if they make adapters for 45* to 90*. Call ahead of time and ask. As far as exchanges, don't mention you used it and clean it really good.

That's a big no. Those stores never do exchanges or returns. It sucks.... if this shit was legal it'd be straight because half those pieces on the wall have already been smoked out of tbh. Some shop owners will trade for pieces from friends, then put those bongs up which have been heavily used (but cleaned) on their shelves, selling it for full price or marked up..... Let's all be real here, unless a smoke shop is friendly with a few glass blowers, they're just buying the pieces online, marking them up 2-4x the price and selling them. You can find a good A/C for the low low online.