Whats The Best Way Too Make It In America?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ItsReneeYo_, Jul 24, 2014.

1. i always talk about this at work and with my mom and shit

usually at work i end up saying something along the lines of "did you know when minimum wage was created people could actually live off of it. now i fill up my car, pay 1 or 2 bills, buy a weeks worth of groceries and my moneys depleted".

my friend was telling me about how she has to pay for her own schooling but cant afford 20,000 a year for tuition , not adding in the costs of books, housing, bills etc. on average she makes about 400 every two weeks.

if she saved all her money ALL OF IT. shes barely making 9,600 a year. to buy an apartment its about 800 a month. after 4 years of college she would have racked up about 80,000+ in debts. 

lets hope she never gets ill or breaks a limb , or gives birth and has complications and shes set back another 12,000 because the united states healthcare costs are 3x's more than any developed nation.

my mom always tells me go to school , but i believe the best way to make it nowadays is by being innovative. be a thinker. create something. open your own business, market yourself.

to me the days of schooling is over, dont get me wrong though , i love to learn and i love going to school (depends on the class) but is it really worth it? 

will my bachelors in environmental science get me anywhere? i would like to be optimistic but when you think about the way the economic system is set up , its pretty discerning. 

what do you blades think? what have you done? are you making it in america? 

2. No but I am making it in Canada.
    Got a great education,  nice condo by the lake, a full fridge, beer, booze and wine, never out of grass, bills are always paid on time in full, no debt whatsoever.

Guess you could say I am living the Canadian dream.

3. well lucky you. how do you like the healthcare out there? i wanted to move too canada once upon a time, but i always feel like canada will end up like america sooner or later for some reason.

4. Best way to make it is to get on a boat or a plane and leave to another country.

5. Develop something that grabs the attention quickly, make it easily accessible, and make it short and sweet. Something you can copyright, that others will want to waste their time and maybe a little bit of money on. If not their money, somebody with money will want to spend it on your product that is grabbing the attention away from their product.

6. By cheating.

The old addages "Cheaters never prosper" "Winners never Cheat, Cheaters never win" is a load. Look at the people how made it in life, how many of them are hard working honest human beings? Next to none, the people at the top are overwhelmingly corrupt, and you can bet they cheated and conived to get where they are.

You simply cannot make it playing by the rules. You have to the right combination of crazy, innovation, and willingness to bend the rules to your favor.

Now Im a little bit jaded and bitter, but how many honest people try their damnedest their whole life to make it, and only achieve moderate success? And how many not so honest succeed amazingly?

The system is not set up so that anyone can make it, its set up so that you either need absurd luck, or to play dirty to make it.

That's not true at all 

8. Education is always worth it

Created by cheaters, to cheat the honest.

"Nice guys finish last."

Created by bitter nice guys, to warn their children. :smoke:

10. The American Dream is exactly that a dream your brought up to work hard stay in school and pay taxes well school puts you in debt and you will most likely end up working hard to pay your debt and taxes and that it's..... Me personally I decided to not do anything that doesn't make me happy. I don't like my job I quit I don't like a law I brake it you don't wanna pay taxes don't file. Live your life in a way where you can be happy and have no regrets, Not by laws or rules made and inforced by people who have no clue what's it like to live by them

The Meaning of Life......Is To Give Life Meaning

11. University is definitely really hard for people who don't either have scholarships or somewhat wealthy parents who can chip in. 

What a lot of my friends have done is trade school or a trade specific degree in a field with a good outlook at a local community college. It's far cheaper and a lot of them have been able to jump right into jobs that allow them to support their families pretty easily. 

If you can't afford a 4-year degree at a university, maybe look into things like dental assisting, radiology, accounting, pharmacy, HVAC tech, etc. :confused_2: 

12. the solution is to not live outside your means. you can totally live on minimum wage, you just have to be realistic about what it means. taking out loans for a degree that isnt going to help wont get you anywhere, not surprisingly. taking out a loan on a house or vehicle youre going to struggle to pay isnt going to get you anywhere.

if you pay rent at a cheap place you can afford, eat cheap but still healthy, and can get to work somehow......you win. everything else is extra. the things you really care about you can slowly make progress toward as you can afford it. you dont have to rush life.

13. that's being a sheep... Don't make any ripples....you do that and your just another brick in the wall

The Meaning of Life......Is To Give Life Meaning

14. My electrician charges $90/hr.

I think one person can survive on minimum wage in most cases, but it's harder if you're, say, a single mother. 

I did just fine on minimum wage for the months before my husband moved in with me, but if I had a kid to support at the time, needed to feed two people, pay for childcare while I worked, I don't know if that would have been feasible at all... Throw in the fact that public transportation is harder to come by out here, I was lucky to have a car completely paid for that didn't happen to break down while I was living on minimum wage. :p 

I don't really have a point here though, I'm just talkin :laughing: 

yeah but his whore charges $200/hr

Yeah, I know a few electricians who get a lot of money when they do work but are still barely able to make ends meet because solid work has gotten hard to come by for them. :confused_2: 

18. Pharmacy!? That's a 6-7 year program with 4 of those years being graduate school. Unless you meant being a pharm tech but that is stupid they make 10-15 an hour and work their balls off.

you did fine on min wage? our min wage here is 7.25. that means i can work 72 hours and make 522$ but most min wage here in texas wont go over around 39 hours per week to avoid paying full-time and benefits and such

but even if they did paid full-time and overtime , thats still pinching pennies

20. #20 MASTERofGANJA, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    One of the only ways is fucking stupid people over... Jk but you really have to be innovative or be an asshole and take people's money for shit they don't need like so many do

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum