Florida Growers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bigbuds421, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Wondering if there were any Florida growers out there... Looking for a place to ask and answer few questions, that locals would be able to answer better while just having general discussions that everyone could profit from

2. i live in cfl its not to bad here right now raining everyday tho

3. I live fl too.. Some do good while others fail. Really need the right strain here, something hardy and fungus/disease resistant.. am interested in others experiences also.. wish all good luck with the bud rot and worm struggle this season

4. I'm in Florida and have stuff in the dirt but not sure I would call myself a grower. I'm barely a user but looking for something to help with my near constant pain. It seems like our humidity is the biggest problem and that seems to be an issue with growing and any garden here.

I'm doing outdoors and all organic. Basically water and teas only. Going ok so far except for a few recent worms. Though I did royally screw up and use miracle grow soil because mine wasn't ready and had to put in something. After a couple days of rain it turned to a soupy, gooey mess and most died. I'm assuming from root rot. How is everyone else doing?

I'm almost thinking autos early and late in the season might be best and try to miss the real hot and humid months.

5. Yea the humidity is harsh for long season but where I'm at if I start in late july/early august I can harvest nice mid size girls by late November early december/w help of greenhouse.. I might try your auto idea to never grown one

6. haha I know right? Ive been growing outdoors and its been crying cause of all that rain hoping. my plants got over watered a little bit

7. That sucks bro.. Im sorry for your loss ;( 

Im growing in pots and im going to transplant them into the ground once it gets pretty big. Im not sure how it will go but hopefully it goes nice. You should try my method and see how that works for you next time.

8. What is your method? Pots until big and sturdy and then in the ground? I'm sticking with pots now so I can try and reduce the rain water. Plus I'm doing organic and autos and you are supposed to put in final pots as quick as possible.

These new autos actually seem to be pretty good. That or the organic soil. They seem to be green and lush and don't look like they are asking for anything. Should be exciting watching them finish. Some are just starting to show their sex (preflowers?) so still have a way to go. But not as long as photo plants, though I still have a couple of them going too.

Hopefully I get to meet an acquaintance in the next few days that has been growing for 50+ years. I hope he might be a bit of a mentor and I'm sure he will have all sorts of tips!! I've been trying for a couple months now but he has been having all sorts of problems, including a heart attack. But he sounds interesting is many ways including the fact he has lived and survived in this little community way out in the middle of nowhere (BFE).

9. Yep. Thats my method. Im glad I did that because it been really rainy these past few days and my plants are showing sign of over watering. I had one plant that I grew directly in the ground, but it is dying cause it was attacked by pests. It just makes me stick to my pot method more. 

Dude, if I could find a mentor here where I am I would be so happy. Especially here in florida where weed is still illegal then he cold give great tips on disguise and weather tips and such.

• Like Like x 1
  10. So far good soil has really helped me with the over watering thing. Not using crap soil, like miracle grow, that stays wet and is probably meant to for the house plants that get watered once a month. And also adding a soil aerater like perlite, at 1/4-1/3 the total volume amount. This has allowed a couple inches of rain a few days in a row to stay damp and not soggy. I had started plants in peat pellets and then into MG potting soil and a month later some plants were about an inch tall with a set of itty bitty leaves. I pulled them up very carefully and any root outside the pellet were non existent, I assume, because they just rotted away in the wet soil. I guess there is a possibility the soil burnt them off, but if that was the case I wouldn't think anything would ever grow in it.

I'm still trying to get in touch with the guy but hopefully I will soon. I'm new to this particular plant but have noticed some things for hiding them outdoors. If grown next to other weeds or long grasses with long skinny leaves, they seem to completely blend in. Also training and bending the plants so they grow horizontally a bit instead of straight up seems to change their appearance fairly drastically. Also, small plants such as autos just aren't big enough to really stick out. And supposedly a few ounces is fairly easy to achieve with even 10+ oz possible for some strains. But I'm sure an experienced person will be a wealth of knowledge if willing to share. I also think forums like this have magnitudes more knowledge and methods that work if willing to read, study, and absorb.

Anyways, I'm tired and rambling. Good luck out there.

11. Representing Central Florida here!

Attached Files:

12. #12 Illbill321, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    O town rep image.jpg image.jpg

13. Looks nice bruh! Lol lemme get some of dat budd once it done! haha

14. Thats some good camouflage you got going on in the second pic. It that a backyard grow or where is it hidden?

15. I gor her in a little clearing by my buddys house about 2 mins from his house
    IMG_9912.jpeg

16. Can i get a clone ill pau

17. Dude my neighborhood is so chill I keep her all over, where every the sun is the clearest, moving it around all day long, but that spot is on the side of the house in the back yard next to the pool pump and grill area

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. These are.some clones I took, rooted, and immediately flowered them, there on week 6 I think

Attached Files:

19. North FL here. Ya the humidity is terrible on plants. I use pots and move them under cover when it rains to much u also collect rain water to for later waterings

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Most recents she starting to fill in and clones are about done in a few weeks

Attached Files: