Does All Beer Taste Like This?

Discussion in 'General' started by Canadian_Penis, Jul 23, 2014.

1. #1 Canadian_Penis, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    I just had my first beer, a can of black ice. It tastes like medicine. Does all beer taste bitter like black ice?

Also how long does it take to feel effects of alcohol? I don't feel anything yet. And is it bad to mix with weed if this was my first?

2. Yes. People don't drink it because it tastes good. Every beer tastes like medicine. It is a long running joke when people drink beer to pretend that it tastes good. They really just like the taste of medicine.

Ps. there are thousands of beer companies. If they all tasted the same, there would not be thousands of beer companies.

3. #3 Ẅest Čoast, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Be careful not to get a tummy ache. Beer is srs stuff.

4. Mainstream cheap beer tastes like bitter ass. Why do people drink it? They either like the taste of bitter ass or they really want to get drunk.

If you want to taste some good beer, try some micro brews, or really anything that doesn't cost you five bucks a six pack. There are a lot of good IPAs out there. Or you could try a nice stout. Your best bet would be to visit a nugget market or any dedicated beer store and try a bunch of different varieties to find something that suits you.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Beer has so much variety to it man, there's a whole subculture out there of beer enthusiasts. Black ice is a "homeless guy" beer, cheap and strong, but tastes like a warm cup of tobacco spit.

Try some different micro/craft brews. IPA's are nice, but most newbies to beer don't like the bitterness of the hops. I'd try a nice Belgian ale or something light like that. Some stouts are nice, but once again can overwhelm a virgin palate. If you wanna see if you like stout, try a Guinness. Also be careful with stouts, they are notoriously high proof, like 8-10% as opposed to 4-5%. Recently had a Russian stout that was 11.5%.

6. I definitely drink beer to get drunk.  After about 3 of them they start going down real smooth.

7. Lol no. Black ice? Never even heard of it. Try a sweet stout or porter.

8. Lol'd. I love the taste of medicine if that's the case.

It's the hiccups you need to watch out for.

Assuming this guy is of legal age to be drinking.

Back to OP, as far as how long it takes to feel the effects? You'll need more than one beer, that I'm sure of, after that not long. It's a gradual onset but it all depends on how much you drink, what you're drinking, body weight, and how fast you drank it. If you're average weight for your height and you slammed two beers and a shot, you'll definitely be feeling it within minutes. So you can use that for a frame of reference, but everybody is different.

Certainly you've heard the term "lightweight" before, that's somebody who's more susceptible to getting drunk on less alcohol. It's not always a bad thing, just makes for a short night if you don't pay attention. Having a tolerance sucks, too, because then you need to drink a lot in order to get drunk. Drinking too much for any weight or tolerance can obviously lead to alcohol poisoning. I've known a couple people who have had alcohol poisoning and they've basically said things along the lines of "you never stop throwing up" and "i hate the hospital", so take that for what it's worth. I've drank my fuckin' face off and I've never had a hospital visit because of it.

Might sound cliche- but always drink responsibly. Drunk driving is especially not worth it considering (at least in my state) it's ~10 grand to pay off your DUI fines and classes, plus the whole license earning process (again).

9. What the others have said, look into craft brews. Cheap domestics are for party games and underage kids and budgets.

10. Also I've heard that large companies are starting to use synthetic hops. Haven't bothered to look into it myself but It wouldn't surprise me.

11. I highly doubt synthetic. Possibly gmo crops you may have heard of, since people like to treat gmos like monsantos devious crazy lab experiment

Really?

Ummm...okay...:rolleyes:

OP...lots of beers are bitter...if you don't like the bitter taste, I'd suggest you avoid IPAs or anything pretty hoppy for a bit...try stick something lighter...more along the lines of a draft style, a honey lager, or even an import...they all tend to be milder...

Something along the lines of a Brava might be better for you...pretty mild...

13. Yuengalingalingalingaline

Sent from my XT1058 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Molson Black Ice...yeesh

I wouldn't have a favorable opinion of beer either if that was my first

If you're drinking for pleasure and you want quality over quantity, you at least have to go Samuel Adams. Can't go wrong there. Harpoon, Magic Hat, Blue Moon...these are all fine beers that are widely available.

But the real good stuff is when you start sampling from microbreweries. The latest one I tried was Conntucky Lightnin' by Two Roads Brewery in CT. It's ale aged in bourbon barrels and it really does pick up the taste.

[​IMG]

15. Found a pack of that shit on the side of the road once and i didn't mind it because it was strong. Still i doubt i would pay money for it. Molson is gross.

16. I can feel the alcohol from the moment I take the first sip. Doesn't matter if it's beer. I have a special case though where I am sort of 'hyper sensative' to alcohol. I get drunk from far less alcohol than it would take an average person.

It's to the point where when I drink one beer I don't drive for the rest of the night. Needless to say I don't drink that much but when I do I just like try different kinds out, Most common kind that I like is Heineken but I don't drink often.

17. angry orchard is a tasty beer and shock top is good also.

18. #20 Enigma, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    You don't gotta pay money out the ass for decent beer. I like Heineken, blue moon, Newcastle, pacifico, corona, Guinness, and Amber bock

Miller high life is also pretty good but a bit on the bubbly side, try MGD its the same thing just less champagne-y