Have You Ever Broken A Bong? (Poll Thread)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Jesse Botwin, Jul 23, 2014.

1. This is just a simple poll thread I decided to come up with. ​

The Question is, Have you ever broken a bong?
     ​
    The purpose of this thread is to see how many users have broken their bongs, or their friends bongs
     ​
    Broken Ash-Catchers, Percolators, bowls, downstems, etc. all count. Please answer as best as possible​
     ​
     ​
    This could also be the official "I've just broken my piece!" pictures thread, if there is enough interest. 

This thread should be pretty self-explaining
     ​
     ​
     ​
    -Personally I have never (Knock on wood) broken anything yet. I'm very careful with how I handle my equipment and the way I handle it.

2. i have broken a few. mostly by accident. nothing recently though.

3. #3 Lazyboy808, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    I broke a cheap $10 downstem when I first started smoking 6yrs ago, since then I never broke anything. One of my roommates (still don't know who exactly) broke my $250 bubbler and never said anything about it... I never let anyone use my glass anymore unless it's someone who has quality glass of their own and can appreciate and take care of it like I do. I can't afford to have a mediocre toker break one of my $500+ pieces and end up with a "oh sorry bro, I don't have that kind of money."

To anyone who cares about their glass buy a pelican case for maximum security. I always store away my glass when I'm not using it, keeps my mind at ease.

4. I cracked a bong on the water chamber, it leaked a bit but I was able to sell it to my friend for 30 bucks. Roller coaster of emotions lol

(It was a cheap bong, maybe $100)

5. I broke my bowl once while cleaning it :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. broken slides, lots of downstems, stoppers, steamroller, few spoons, few one hitters...no bongs though.

7. I personally have never broken a piece of glass. All of the glass that I've ever owned that's been broken, has been broken by friends/associates of friends. Or my dad, he broke my first pipe ever- oh well.

Some faggot kid broke my bong, refused to pay for it, then ended up moving a few hours up into the mountains so that I wouldn't find him.
    My step sister has broken a downstem of mine. For poll purposes, I had the bong for about 2 years, it was my 18th birthday gift to myself and that with the ash catcher only cost me about 150. It was more or less the shadiness of the kid who broke it and not the dollar value. Either way it was fucked up.

People say "Don't cry when your glass breaks"- I say "Don't cry when I'm beating your ass for money to repay what you've broken".

8. Interestingly enough, I broke my favorite bowl the same day I got arrested for having weed :0 first and last time i promise you. But was that coincidence or fate? Perhaps an omen..who knows?

9. This is looking really interesting so far. I love it. XD

10. Once

Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit

11. Not a bump >.>

12. #12 mogwi411, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    I haven't broken too many things considering how much glass has passed through my hands in the past year.  I've literally had maybe 20 pieces in my possession this year.  

My shirt sleeve caught the joint of my 10mm erik anders and sent it off the table.  So , that's 1200 bucks.  Broke 1 worked sov slide worth about 100.  Issue is, all my stuff now is kind of expensive except for 1 or 2 pieces (I mean they weren't cheap but less than 1k.)  So if I break anything....it's fucking expensive lol.

My german roor lil sis is about 14 years old, still intact :)

13. Just curious, bro, what's the dollar value of your collection? And would you happen to have any pics?
    I love glass collections so it's nice to see them every once in a while :)

Update: My lady cracked my ash catcher, I believe. I saw it one day it was fine, looked at the next it had a crack. Possibly from lower quality glass, I'm not sure, but everything this store carries seems to be pretty good quality. I'm not pointing blame since it isn't really broken broken, just has an incredibly slow leak. It'll drip a tiny drop of water out of it probably every hour or so. Just going to buy a new one when I get paid. This is a weird circumstance and it bums me out more than anything, I just want to know what caused the crack. The only thing I can think of is when I was changing out the water I put in really hot water, but the water prior to that was room temp. Would that be a drastic enough temperature change to cause the glass to break? I thought it had to be more a difference before glass would experience temperature shock...

14. #14 mogwi411, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014

My collection is maybe 13-14k.  I also sell and trade glass so the dollar amount of stuff I've actually owned is prob a fair bit higher.

Gonna try to make a list of what I've had in my possession (not necessarily in current collection)

German roor lil sis
    Dave Goldstein frit tube
    Sheldon black bubbler
    Sovereignty hollow foot natty neck pillar
    Sov OG straight foot inv-4 pillar
    Mobius Pentadisc bubbler
    Toro 7-13 double micro
    Toro froth to froth double micro

Mothership mini egg
    Mothership 75mm torus
    mothership small egg
    mothership klein
    mothership mini bub
    Nathan Neddo alien rig
    Nathan Neddo alien rig (I had 2 of them)
    Evol 10mm Dabbuccino
    Evol 14mm honey cup dabbu
    Erik Anders 10mm recycler (this is the guy that broke)
    Daisuke Saito Slop Cup
    Peter Muller Spiderman Rig
    Hamm Tiny coriolis recycler
    Pyrology 14mm recycler
    Team Japan Dome (daisuke X yoshinori kondo X junichi kojima)
    Captn Crunk Dunny
    Contrabasso recycler

That's a bit ridiculous, I didn't realize how much crap I've had.  My current collection is 

Hamm recycler
    Pyrology recycler
    muller spiderman
    slop cup
    team japan dome
    ms small egg
    OG sov pillar
    roor

15. Forgot how I did it exactly but I'm sure it was when I was cleaning it.  Broke the bowl and downstem.  It was time to upgrade anyway :D

16. I have broke many bongs, pipes, and bubblers being high and my hand decides to relax and just slips out and shit luckily it's only been China glass so I just get a new one

¡satan has tricked the world into thinking he does not exist!

17. I had a 300$ glass Roor. Had it on a bookshelf. My dog smashed inro the shelf, it fell bye bye bong. Sadess day of my life. Havn't bought another glass one since.

18. Ugg! These stories make me so sad. Other than complete shatter breaks.... I hope none of you threw them away and seeked repair from a glassblower! RIP to all the pieces. Can we have a moment of silence for all them? ;)

I'm sure that was intentional, you just wanted new glass. Ain't nothing wrong with that XD

20. I broke my friends bong on purpose but I've never accidentally broken any glass

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum