Please Help Pre-Flowering Plants With Ph Issues, And Nut Lock/toxicity

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cottoncandykitty, Jul 23, 2014.

1. First I want to thank you for your time, and posting tons of wonderful information. I've certainly learned from my ways, with all the reading I've done and the shit I'm going through now...

Sadly I'm new to growing, and I'm sure these are repeat questions, but I'm Stuck!!! Last year I did 1 plant, and it pretty much took care of itself with Miracle grow. This year, I decided to give it a whirl... I had been saving bag seeds and keeping them in the fridge until spring. When the weather warmed up enough I started the seeds, everything was great, some stems started out purple, some didn't. I knew I had some bag seed that came from some purp haze, so I thought nothing of it. Everything was going great, 3 months into the outdoor/greenhouse grow, I get hit with a shitton of issues. I found the PH had been running at 7.5-8. My nitrogen was low, and the potash/K test was off the chart as was the Phosphorus/P test.

I have a small grow going in my greenhouse, with everything being on a natural light cycle. Everything is in 3gal pots, daytime temps have been in the 80's, 90's inside the greenhouse.

My problem---
    Stems are turning red, I have necrotic spots, occasional deep blue/green Fan leafs, mottled yellow/green inner leafs, chlorosis, and dying leafs. Outdoor temps are in the 80's and greenhouse temp is around 90*, so I assumed the red stems were from heat stress since growth was fine. Been feeding miricle grow from the start (since seed)
    -this is Heat and Potassium issues right?

Yes I know that in the perfect world I would have been testing the PH from the start, would have been using the right soil, and organic nutrients. Trust me, I feel stupid.. I should have known better. I assumed that because my veg/flower gardens explode and produce well, that my girls would too. In the beginning, I was feeding them on the same schedule as my tomatoes which are ginormous!!! But they started to get root/leaf burn when the temps warmed up around 70*
    I flushed them and everything was fine.
    Temps went up to 90* In the greenhouse. No fans, just natural coastal breeze. Necrotic spots appeared and sht started going down hill fast

I've never done a PH test, not until I saw dying leafs. Up until 4 days ago my plants had been running at a Ph of 7.5-8.0
    I use the local tap water since it's hardly chlorinated and is glacial water.
    I've lowered my PH to about 6.5.... And it's stable. I'm using granules of citric acid (I use it for copper plating :) One heaping 1/8th teaspoon per gallon of water. The tap water runs at a PH of 7.5-8.0 - and the citric acid drops it right down to 6.0, with the water runoff PH'ing @ 6.5

I've done one flush with tap water, then a 2 gal flush with water PH'd to 6.0, runoff PH'd @6.5
    The potash/K and Phosphorus/P are still off the chart!!
    Ran a test of the tap water used to flush and it gave me the same results!?! WTF?!?!

So I just did a full test on the tap water, nitrogen is at zero, potash is off the chart, phosphorus is off the chart, PH is at 8.0
    WTF?!? False reading? It's running the same as the soil water runoff. Why would my tap water be loaded with phosphorus and potasium/potash???

Please help, these plants turned into an important grow when both my parents were diagnosed with Cancer Again.. I intend to turn these plants into edibles for both my parents to help deal with pain and hopefully fight the cancer as well. I realize it's probably a long shot, but where you have No Hope.... A Little hope can go a long way :-/
    Anyways, HELP would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. How much water have you ran through the medium during your flush? If they are all in 3 gal pots try running 9 gallons through each of them. You may have locked out some nutes with too much p-k, and are seeing deficiencies. Sounds like Manganese and Sulfur are deficient. 

Try to let it dry a bit then give them a HUGE flush with something like floracleen or sledgehammer. Try to get all the unwanted salts out of the soil. After they dry, give them a well balanced 1/4 - 1/2 strength feeding.

3. Hemp star!! Thank you SO much for your help!!! I feel like I'm beating my head against the wall trying to find information. I'm getting some flora clean this afternoon.

But here is my question.
    -------- If the water right out of the hose is testing with abundant potassium and phosphates.. Is doing a flush going to do any good? Is the water not just going to replace what I'm trying to take out? It never occurred to me that the local tap water runs through farmland before it gets to me. And using bottled water isn't an option.

And the plants are totally stripped of nitrogen, should I at least feed them a little ?

Again, your help is dearly appreciated!!

4. And I slowly ran prolly about 15 gallons through each plant. I'll post picks here in a minute

5. If you are trying to grow true medicine for your parents with cancer, you should really consider something better than miracle grow. (pretty much poison) There's tons of info in the organics section for making your own soil mix which only requires water throughout your plant's life. Pics of your plant would help too. How long have they been in 3gal pots? How big are they now? (could be root bound and needing a transplant...) Find some good quality compost and some quality worm castings and you're pretty much set. Good luck, ttyl :)

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406147292.471822.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406147317.960803.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406147375.056792.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406147409.756111.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406147427.230279.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406147466.961248.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406147486.634073.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406147504.581973.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406147520.182980.jpg

7. Sounds like you may want to get a RO/AC filtration system in place. That is the only way that you can be assured you are working with pure and clean water. Where I live in CO, there is a ton of lithium, calcium and a few other things in my water, so i rely on a 3 part filtration system.