One Of My Babies Turning A Bit Light Green?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Viciousmonai, Jul 22, 2014.

1. #1 Viciousmonai, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Hey guys I have a few baby plants about to be 3 weeks this Monday (I believe, kinda forgot lol)
    A few days ago, I found that one of my plants were changing colors. Before even planting my first grow, I would see on the forums that discoloration isn't a good sign. So I need to know exactly what's going on since all my other babies are OK and this one is not.

Oh and I have another question, since they are about the 3 weeks, when is it a good for ferts and repellents?

Attached Files:

2. Pics, and as much detail about your grow as possible. Type of soil, runoff ph, lighting, size of pots, temps, watering frequency, future plans.

I begin my nutrient and repellent cycle 2 months before planting, organics is a set and forget method that works really well with my schedule.

3. Kk well this is a outdoor grow
    I use patio plus organics soil mixed with steer manure
    To get as much sun light as I can get, they are on top of my roof for right now (I plan to move them in my backyard when needed)
    I water them all in the morning at 9 am everyday, if the soil gets dry at about the 1 or 2 pm, I water if needed.
    They are currently growing in clay pots right now

5. They are tiny for 3 weeks. Here is what I would do. I would transplant them into at least 5gal containers. More soil will take longer to dry up. Watering every day is not a good idea. Use that patio plus organic mix you have without the steer manure.

Do you plan on using bottled nutrients later on or go 100% organic all the way?

And the clay pots are how big? Looks to me like you need aeration/drainage in your soil, it's more important than most people realize. That's why I prepare my soil a full 2 months before I even plant a seed, you can have the best lighting in the world but your growth rates will always be limited by the weakest link, which in this case is probably sub-par soil (all store-bought bagged soil is shit unless you amend it)

As an outdoor grower you should be doing better than most indoor growers, but you are not. Obviously you have plenty of sun and water as needed. Only other factor to consider here is your soil. Store-bought soil straight out of the bag is no good for growing weed, only brands I'd even consider using are roots organic and ocean forest and even that's with heavy amendments. Another consideration is your pots. A $10, 10 gal fabric pot would've done you more favors than any hard-sided pot here.

Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, but IMO your biggest problem is poor planning. I suggest reading more on how to tailor soil for MJ and give it another go next year. You in the northern hemisphere? Kinda late to start over. Plan better next time :smoke:

7. I don't think I should give up if ONE plant is turning a bit light green lol obviously I'm not using expensive ingredients and tools but my plants are growing and smell pretty nice already. I'm only having one issue, I'm not going to give up and wait a whole another year. No. And I live in southern California .

8. That's just one of my 3 week olds, 3 (or 4) are a bigger. She's the only one with issues right now.
    I just want to do what's best. What would you prefer?

9. I would transplant it into that organic mix without adding the manure. It's obviously not taking well to the mix you have it in now, and the every day watering is not helping. Also, as the poster above stated, you can greatly improve the aeration/drainage by adding either perlite or rice hulls to your soil mix(60/40 - soil/perlite). These items can be bought for cheap at your local nursery.

10. Kk will do, thanks a lot

If all of your plants are growing under the same exact conditions, they are all from seed, and one of them is doing worse than the others, then that is due to phenotypical variation AKA genetic predisposition. Doesn't mean your conditions are optimal, just means that 4 brothers won't be perfectly identical, and you can expect small differences. I still say your soil needs improvement.

Agree with West coast, transplant into new soil. Good luck.

12. Thank you sir

13. I agree there tiny for 3 weeks they should be way bigger they look like they just sprouted yesterday go look at my grow journal my seedlings are 3 weeks yours should be about that size and I wouldn't transplant into a 5 gallon container it's to big transplant maybe into a 2 or 3 gallon and go from

14. OK so here is what I'm getting from all of you:
    -Bigger Pots
    -Perlite (on my way getting right now)

Anything else I need?
    And what exactly does this 60/40 thing? I don't wanna put too much perlite or too little?

15. And I think I'm off with the age of them, 2 weeks. 3 this next monday

Bigger pots, more perlite, good genetics.

60/40 means 3 parts soil, 2 parts perlite, regardless of what you use for measuring it. 5 gal bucket or measuring cup, 3 parts soil, 2 parts perlite.

17. I can't change the genetics right? And OK tomorrow I'm going to change pots and add perlite.

No, but it should be part of your planning stage, if you expect better results (you wouldn't be here if you didn't)

19. Still small for 2 weeks but if you can buy stuff like perlite and such I would recommend FFOF you won't need to worry about nutes for like 3 weeks and I would use the trio nutes that are also by fox farm. A lot of people are going to say that fox farm soil is to "hot" for seedlings so they'll probably burn but me personally I never had a problem with burning my seedlings with that soil I just don't add nutes till maybe 4th or 5th week of growth with my seedlings

20. Alright fersure, will do thanks.