Pax Is Amazing But...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jjerc, Jul 22, 2014.

1. It's way too much! As in, it feels like the weed you pack lasts forever. I packed the oven the other day and my friend and I were hitting it, and it just kept going even though we've had enough! We didn't want to waste the weed though, so we just kept going. I know it's funny that I'm complaining that I'm getting a lot of hits out of my weed.

I just hate the fact that if you don't finish an oven, it feels like some is going to waste. Of course it's not advised to pack the oven less than full, but sometimes a full oven is way too much for one person. Or maybe it's just me.

Is it alright to turn the Pax off after a few hits? Do you think it's better to just finish an oven?

Can I just pack it half way or is that not advised?

Thanks!

2. Thats one of the reasons I don't like the Pax. Even though you've turned it off, its still cooking the load in the oven, even during cool down. 

My advice, just finish it off, or search around here for the pipe screen method to learn how to pack the oven halfway.

3. #4 lwien, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014

Yup.   What the OP is talking about above is one of the major things that I don't like about the Pax.   It just goes through more weed due to the constant cooking process than vapes that don't operate in this way.   Add a large oven to the equation, and the usage just goes up, and up and........

4. #5 ean2233, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    i just pack .2 and pack it down as tight as i possibly can. it works great all you have to do is pack down as hard as you can and 3/4 of the way through you can repack down with the mouthpiece. Works perfect for me and gives it a mostly even cook each time.

5. Yea the oven on the Pax is pretty huge, holding around .4/.5 grams if its packed tightly. Since its less efficient when its not tightly packed, you can use the screen folding trick to put less in the oven while maintaining the same level of efficiency.