Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

10 In Btc For A Concise Answer. Perfecting A Bho Recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by comprehend, Jul 22, 2014.

1. I've asked so many times in so many places, but no one seems to know or give a shit. 

I'd like a critique to improve my recipe to get the most out of the BHO I use.

I use an ounce of glass shatter.
    I empty out a chef boyardee tin can and throw it in there with half a cup of condensed milk.
    I double boil that and the contents reach 250* fe, for 45 minutes. 
    I stir to keep the bubbling down.

Once the 40 minutes are up, I throw it into a big batch of chocolate that has melted in the oven at 300* fe. 

I mix and then cut up once they've cooled.

I want to know if I'm getting the most out of my decarbing as I've seen charts with a downward slope if the oil is being decarbed too long. 

I'd like to know if I should be adding the condensed milk with the shatter or wait till the shatter is decarbed alone and then add it. 

What else can I do to improve quality/potency? At the end, ~400 doses are made, each get you decently going. 

I do intend to pay if you can answer my questions and explain. Thank you.

2. nobody can answer this for me?

3. Assuming that THC can be absorbed by the milk (which as milk is needed for butter I dont see why not) the only issue I see is that you may be doing it at too hot of a temperature.

The maximum temperature Ive seen is 220F, so as not to degrade the THC. Besides that looks solid to me

4. As for the potency, after decarbing BHO, the only thing left you can do is isomerize it (converts CBD to THC), as BHO (properly made is already almost at max potency) with decarbing youre converting the THCA to THC, so the only thing left is isomerization. But while fairly simple, its also dangerous, and more prone to explosion than even BHO if you do it improperly

Heres the outline

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/cannabis-facts-information/69975-direct-isomerization-thc-produce-purest-extract.html

5. Yea, condensed milk has a good fat content, I dunno if the contents of a can that size is enough for a zip of oil though

Decarb happens at 212 like lux said... You don't want to be over it for very long but short times don't matter too much (lots of recipes use canna butter and bake at 325f... so

6. It isn't fairly simple... nor can you confirm results without much more equipment

Never tell someone something is simple if you haven't done it...

7. #7 Old School Smoker, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    I call bullshit. You got 6 concise answers and that's $60 in BTC. I don't believe you.

8. I decarb at 300F. THC boils at 315F so as long as you go below you're good. thats more for really stoney stuff though, decarb less/lower temps will be a less heavy stone.

9. My edibles work, but after looking at http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/ and it's graph (perhaps I misunderstood it), is there a sweet spot for decarb time? from what i took away from the graph, decarbing for too long kills yields.

so is 45 minutes for an ounce of oil too long?

10. Simple, before your next run, decarb the weed before you blast.

11. I think 45 minutes might be a bit long for a decarb, 25-30 minutes. is fine, progressive temperature indifferance can increase the temperature depending on what kind've storage medium you use. So i would lower the time a bit.