Apollo Horticulture

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by tdunn0912, Jul 22, 2014.

1. I intend to buy two 300W LEDs from Apollo Horticulture for my first grow, and was wondering if any of you had experience with them. Please give me some reviews on their lights. If you're going to tell me not to use LED, save your breath. I'm dead-set on LED for a few reasons. Just some info about my grow, it'll be no more than 3-5 plants in a 6'x6'x8' closet. I'll be using a combined total of 600W from LED lights (as mentioned above). If you need any more information, feel free to ask. Thanks for your time.

~StayLifted

2. I don't know about the LED lights but you could do more than 5 plants in a 6x6x8 grow area

3. I do have experience with the apollo. they are a lot better than the mars lights but they did not compare to my xml 350. I have become an Advanced LED fan. here is my review on a few other lights i have used. I find the cali lightworks solar flare 200 and the mars 2 are a great replacement for a fluorescent. the apollo, kind or what ever name they put on the apollo is a step up from them. but a long way from a real light. the mars two is at least priced like what it is a 180 watt boat anchor. the chloroba c2 is the worst light i have next to the 90watt ufo from prosourse i have. make sure your light has some 660nm in it. only cheap companies dont put it in. i guess it saves them money and cost you weight. advanced are not cheap; what do they want for the apollo?   

4. how many do you think I could grow?

P.S.- It's my first grow, and I don't want to be overwhelmed. That's partly why I chose such a low number.

~StayLifted

5. 600w led is like 400 actual watts which covers 3x3 decently

6. funny i went to school with a guy named t dunn

7. you must have a shitty LED man lol.

I wouldnt use led...and ill look it up if you like...

"Actual Power Draw: 170 Watts" = 340 watts so yea i was pretty close actually less than 400 :laughing:

9. totally right. i am having one of those home sick days. .my hands feel like two balloons  :confused:  i call that chinese watts it is when they sell you a 170 watt light and tell you it is 300 watts. and for the chinese light manufactures that is being pretty honest the mars 2 i have was supposed to be 400 watt light but the actual draw was like 178 watts. I started doing side by sides my 350 watt light compares to my 600hps it didnt beat it in weight but it was real close. it was enought to retire the hps. I didnt find this light until last year. things change look at the new lights. all the companies have 90 money back guarantees now dont they? I just started my grow link is in my signature swing by will burn one. 

10. Was his first name Tom?

~StayLifted

11. Don't do it! It's a trap!

12. no plus i am old he is probable dead or in a retirement home by now. to bad they dont have a smiley face pushing a walker

13. Seems like not many people are reporting the APOLLO HORTICULTURE FULL SPECTRUM LED ... I have 2 of the 135w UFO model currently going and haven't seen anything bad about them other than I'm getting some light bleaching even at 32 inches above the tops ...

Attached Files:

14. I'm going to be picking up one of the apollo UFO's and one of the Apollo 300's along with my 400w Digi ballast tomorrow, I'll keep ya all posted on my impressions.