Creator

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by BlessedWithGreen, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Quoting a religious figure to prove there is no creator..... I don't think that worked.

2. If atheism is true, objective moral values do not exist. If God does not exist, then what is the foundation for moral values? More particularly, what is the basis for the value of human beings? If God does not exist, then it is difficult to see any reason to think that human beings are special or that their morality is objectively true. Moreover, why think that we have any moral obligations to do anything? Who or what imposes any moral duties upon us?

3. #43 yurigadaisukida, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    Fail.

Objective morals exist because they are logical, not because a magic man said.

"Treat others as you want to be treated" even Jesus agrees with me.

Its called mutualism. People like to have friends and be treated well. If everyone was good than life would be better for everyone. Its mutually beneficial for society to have morals.

Objective morality existed BEFORE religion

Why do we need duties? Why do we need to be special?

The way I see it is with great power comes great responsibility. Humans are the animals.with great power. We don't news a God to tell us that if we don't protect earth it will be gone

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. FAIL. Can't use Jesus to prove god doesn't exist.

5. #45 Fizzly, Jul 28, 2014

Will some of you people please learn a few basic facts first?

A NEGATIVE CANNOT BE PROVEN.

He who makes the hypothesis (there is a god) HAS THE BURDEN OF PROOF.

Otherwise "he" doesn't exist.

6. #46 Tokesmith, Jul 28, 2014
    You need to brush up on Buddhism. There is no creator in that "religion", if you would call it that.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

Are you serious..? There are plenty of negatives that can be proven.

The sun DOES NOT revolve around the earth..

There are NO human beings on Mercury..

What are you talking about?

Never mind.

Really? Say stuff just to say it?

You seem to misunderstand the implications of Godell's incomplete theorem..

Too old and tired to drag on these endless debates with people who don't understand basic logic.

The real problem is, Fizzly, that you don't understand that you've yet to prove your own incontestable "basis" for logic, so that you may even be, subsequently, and in due time, enabled to speak of what stands in contra-position to it.

Did that go over your head?

I don't mean to be rude, but you say that you don't want to drag on these sorts of debates in these sorts of threads, and yet you come into such a thread and antagonize another's position, and then when someone antagonizes you, you withdraw. But, it's okay, I know why.

12. Woe to you on the day of judgement.

There's no burden on me for I am a believer. If GOD himself was unable to open up your heart to the light, what chance have I got, or why would I care. I don't.

13. I think that's rather simple minded to think that morals come from religion..
    I choose not to dwell on the question whether or not there is a creator, because the universe's secrets are beyond us, atleast for now. But I believe in my principles, like treating others the way you like to be treated, and showing others that kindness without any strings attatched is better for everyone.
    You don't need a god to know that there are more easier passive ways to go about an impasse than violence. Violence just leads to more of it and acceptance of each other whether or not theres a creator is the next step to a happier environment for all of the denizens to enjoy
    Why ideas can't be thrown around with calm and imaginitive rational thought and with regard for each other is simply cause we all came out different and thats a problem for some reason

14. I think it rather simple minded that you choose not dwell on the question of whether or not there is a creator.

15. i suppose i was out of line when i said that, for that i apologise, as we have our own beliefs. Coming to that understanding we can be friends yes? You are you i am i
    The world doesnt need more conflict ;) :smoke:

16. I am humbled and would be delighted to be friends. 😎

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ummm yo mama!

dilligaf

18. a creator or designer of existence is possible, but the implications are infinite and eternal.

19. We evolved so we are a singularly unique species in all of the universe while simultaneously we know in our hearts we aren't alone.

20. There is Spirit..and animation Energy that is the life-force of the Universe...that has created creation. IMO ;)

• Like Like x 1