Rubermaid Tub Flowering Experiment

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by capt.murphy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Forgot these haha too sober

Attached Files:

2. #102 Brother Urb, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    Hey bro.  Not sure of your climate but where I'm from it's very dry.  I watered the day before chop to try and prolong the drying process and they still dried a little faster than I would have preferred.  I even hung the whole plant with fan leaves and waited 24 hours to strip off the fans.  They say the slower the better.

Hope this help!

3. Definately! I was trying to do it quick but I'm definately more worried about potency so I'll try to stretch it out. Got any pictures of the full plant hanging? Bet it looked awesome

4. I didn't take any pictures of drying unfortunately.  I don't have a journal. :p

They say the slower dry the better mainly for smell and flavor.  If you do it too fast it can come out smelling like hay!  I remember I accidentally broke off a bottom branch a couple weeks before harvest.  Dried it way too fast and it tasted like frozen bag of peas.  I'm not too sure how it affects potency.

5. Lights off 24 hours before chop to lesson sugars and better the taste from what i remember. Don't bother personally. Its just mean to your girl. You can water all the way up till chop if you want but its your choice. It'll effect the drying time, a little. But other than that you won't have any negative results from not watering or watering. Don't starve her of water tho!
    Thees last few days tho while lights go off try getting the temps cooler than normal. It may bring out some sweet colors! But usually you do that 1 or 2 weeks before harvest.

Every thing under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by my grow light.

6. And yes the longer it takes to dry the better preserved the flavors and smell. Potency, it wont really effect it other than the shit will keif out once its fully cured. Cure is prolly the most important! Have you seen water curing? Makes the bud look like shit but makes a great smoke. Cures alot faster to, days instead of months just have to dry agin.

7. Btw bro your leaves aren't turning yellow, at all from what i saw.. So you still have a while few weeks id say.

8. Awesome then. I'll keep watering as usual and TRY to cure it properly haha. I figure ive got another two weeks since the buds are just now starting to swell but only time will tell.
    Its starting to get cold here (55f-ish day 35f-ish night) how low can it go in the box without muffin up the plant

9. Do not go below 55. Whats your normal night temp? Just 3 or 4 degrees below that is good enough.

10. If you are going to have to go through a lot dont bother lowering them. Its really worth it wth purple strains beacuse it will bring the color out 10x more. And it can pull color out of strains that seem to not have much, such as yours. You could add some ice on top of the soil just before lights out not while the lights are on, night.

11. Welp temps in the attic have been dropoing quick and the plantbis losing its lime green luster haha. I got all orange hairs and mostly cloudy trichomes so I'm probably chopping tomorrow or monday. I also burnt the shit out of a top bud haha its all bright orange and hard as a rock. Hard to see in the pic

Attached Files:

12. Have you not harvested yet? That looks like some nice fat buds! :)

13. Been gone all weekend and now I'm at work but she gets the chop tonight and I'll post pics along the way.

14. Chopped up!!!

Attached Files:

15. And the roots and burnt bud. Notice how green the top next to it is

Attached Files:

16. looks good in here nice harvest capt. gonna be some good smoke for sure

17. Trimmed all the leaves off and it is looking beautiful. Had a few really red hairs like bright red and the smell is amazing!!

Attached Files:

18. It looks awesome mate! I'm jealous as phuck.. 

19. Subbed, I like how you post it's simple but thorough mostly. This should give me some good inspiration and it's great to know you can grow like that. I'm going 4 24w CFLs when I get mine and might add a led once more money comes in.
    Still haven't decided on the box yet though, grow tent sounds good but not sure I want to make sure it's 100% no smell.

What time is it?
    Adventure Time! 😍🍁

20. Thank you Sir and post a link on here when you start a journal. My box was anytging but smellproof haha it was upstairs in the attic in a room in the attic with no windows and one vent and the whole house smelled amazing but I also didnt do anything to cover it up. Grow tents should cover smell but I think a big exhaust fan and carbon filter will work on anything enclosed.