Rubermaid Tub Flowering Experiment

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by capt.murphy, Jul 22, 2014.

1. I'm not sure how this will work out but I'll track the progress and any constructive criticism would be noice.
    The plant is uk cheese I believe. I put two ru bermaid containers together and cut a hole in the bottom one slightly smaller than the top of my pot so the plants almost level withvthe bottom. I also spray painted the inside flat white and the outside flat black. I have a small inlet hole and a five inch fan for the outlet. The lights are two 26 watt soft white (2700k)in a split socket reflector thing. I had another one in the corner but it was too cramped and burning the leaves

Attached Files:

2. #2 ALBERT LSD, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    When I used a rubber tub I turned it vertically for more room! I suggest this because it gives you more space to grow that plant bushy
    Oh wait I didn't see that there were two stacked! I never thought of that nice!

If that is a fan on the outside I would make the hole bigger to allow more airflow! You want your leafs to be moving around!

definately making the fan hole bigger. I got it from a friend and it was almost completely defoliated so I dont think its getting much bushier but I might run out of height room.

I topped it right before it started to flower and now I'm contemplating a little lst on the new tops.

4. Okay fan hole is bigger, leaves are shimmerin in the wind and I lsted a little bit. I might try to make the tops grow up against the wall and try to bud out the inside if ya catch my drift

Attached Files:

5. 2 weeks into flowering. I dont if its normal or not but it looks like weed

Attached Files:

6. Looks hermi man. That first pic is real blurry but it looks like balls forming.

7. I was worried about that. I eas gonr all weekend and had to rely on timers right before I left. I think they didnt work

Sent from my Z750C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. 6 1/2 weeks in flower. Well I picked off all the nuts I could about two weeks ago and it started makin buds again. The last pic is of a few seeds that matured. Any chance of those not being hermies? I plan on rollin this whole baby harvest into one blunt haha

Attached Files:

9. #9 capt.murphy, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    Finally outta there. I'll give y'all the weight when it dries or I'll just smoke it all up

Attached Files:

10. Hermi seeds are still good to use. That's actually howthey make feminized seeds. increases chance of getting a female to 90-95% because it pollinated itself, but doesn't drastically increase the chance of it being hermi unless you stress them too much

11. Welp got myself a whopping 1.9 of solid smokeable bud on the digitals haha plus handfull of hermie seeds(bottom corner). I plan on growing them when I'm in a long term spot and using the pollen from em to make feminized.

Attached Files:

12. a hermie is different than a plant with females  flowers used for fem seeds. These seeds here will have hermie genetics but some may not go hermie. a plant sprayed with  cs confuses the female into growing female flowers which is what pollinates herself. Even a self pollinated reversed female is viable of  hermie genetics, you would wanna use a separate female to pollinate

13. that is a nice setup as for you saying you needed more head room? why? how is your light setup in this box? I seen setups like this with 6 clones or plants  growing vertical. yield was also 4 zips  plus  depending on strain  and lighting which i believe  was 4 x 42w cfls

14. #14 Hyouma, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014

a hermie is just a female sharing her own genetics with herself as a last resort in stressful situations. The resulting seeds won't go hermie unless stressed out just like any other female.

15. i am not sure about photo plants but if you self pollinate a auto 75% of the plants herm leaving you with 25% of good females. Shouldn't make a difference though photo or auto. few breeders have done it and this was the outcome. Do you have documentation on different studies or projects?

16. Rodelization sort of manipulates natural, biological factors at play in the female marijuana plant. Oftentimes, when the female marijuana plant becomes stressed or is nearing the end of its lifecycle without having been fertilized, it will start to grow pollen sacs on its own. Marijuana plants are naturally going to want to propagate their seed to extend the line, and when they don't get fertilized, they will sometimes take to fertilizing themselves. The reason that rodelization frequently produces seeds with female characteristics is because all of the genetic and reproductive material involved also had female characteristics.

http://www.theweedblog.com/how-to-make-feminized-marijuana-seeds/

17. Ive read that the I have to usr the hermie pollen on a regular female and that makes feminized seeds but I won't know until I grow em right? If anyones had different experiences I'd love to hear em cuz the internet has 20 answers for everything haha
    @[member="seedlingstarter"] I was expecting more stretch when I put it into flower but it only grew about 6 inches. Tge lighting is 2 23 watt cfls in a splitter thats screwed into a
    Clamp reflector hanging from the roof. This new plant I have in there has another 23 watt in the bottom corner which should help with yeild.

Attached Files:

18. I forgot to specify, those lights are 100 actual watts each

19. equivalent wattages don't mean anything. Best to go by lumens. It's recommended that you have 5000 lumens per plant

20. sorry, 5000 lumens per squarefoot