Is It Weird Not To Name Your Piece?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Bezemek505, Jul 22, 2014.

1. I don't name any pieces or genitalia.

2. I have one bowl and I call it "my bowl".

3. #23 Juicy K, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
    Never named my piece and I wasn't sure why everyone has a name for theirs. I didn't think that was a thing. I'm bad at coming up with names.

Lke the poster above said, I've got a bowl I call the bowl and a chillum I call the chillum. Just ordered a bong and it'll probably be called the bong and a bubbler that I'll call the bubbler. Maybe I'll come up with a name when I have more then one if something.

4. The only pieces I've named are bongs. They are Beatrice and Melissa, but my blue bowl is just "the blue bowl."

5. My pieces usually only get names so I can refer to them. Somehow my incredibowl got the name "the penis pump".

6. I've never named a piece, car, or boat...though 1 boat I owned came already named.  I think it's silly to name inanimate objects but I kind of understand some of the reasons why people do it.

7. Heady glass almost always gets a name.

Scientific glass I don't name.

I keep a small collection of glass though with the intention of using them for many years. If I had a large collection I wouldn't name them all.

8. It's fine. I don't name my pieces. There are lots of reasons people anthropomorphize (apply human characteristics to non human items) and some of these reasons are primitive and possessed by us all, yet some of the reasons can be due to problems such as a lack of social relationships. If you don't feel the need to name your piece, that's actually a good thing. 

9. I have never named a piece, I don't see the point.

10. I only name my bongs, vaporizers, pipes, etc, are just pipes, vaporizers, etc.

11. not weird at all. I used to name all my pieces up till like #15, then I just kinda stopped. I still see them as individuals though, like a close friend I don't need to use names with.

12. Wierd? Uhh yea..

13. Hell no.....its weird to name an inanimate object. I also don't name screw drivers, tooth brushes, can openers, socks, cardboard toilet paper rolls etc you get the point

14. Hell no!

We have labels and names for everything in life. So why the hell NOT name your piece? Lmao

I have a bong I call the Purple Passion Pit and a small metallic pipe I've named Princess. Cause it's purple and stuff. :'3

15. some people do and some people don't. it isn't weird one way or the other. it simply is what it is and it is nothing more or less then that.

what i do think is strange is how a person who doesn't like the fact that others do name their pipes goes off like a fucktard about it. he has to know he makes himself look incredibly foolish and ridiculous. the people who do name pipes give zero fucks that some people don't like to name pipes, therefor give zero fucks about those people who do want to name their pipes. you can do so by not going in to their respective threads and shitting all over that thread. there just isn't any need. its like they are trying to spread hate and negativity. as though they feel good and proud of themselves for spreading hate and negativity. 

da fuq?!? [​IMG]
    /rant over

If a name comes naturally to then we'll use it in my circle

Of the 15-20 tokers in my group tho only 2 pieces have names, out of like 10 pieces

17. I never named any of my pieces until the pipe I have now.

Aqua lung

Jethro Tull helped me name it haha.

18. I've had pieces that other people gave names but i never saw the point in doing it.

19. I mean it's whatever, I hate in public talking about my bong, rather just call him by his name (Keenan) and it makes it easy to explain to my friends what I'm using or intend to use

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Maybe it is "pointless," but what's life without pointless whimsy? I try to name all my pieces, but never force it. The name must come organically and be at least semi-related to the piece. For instance, the following green pipe has been affectionately dubbed "Saria."

Attached Files: