Is It Weird Not To Name Your Piece?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Bezemek505, Jul 22, 2014.

1. I've never named any of my pieces and none of my freinds name theirs either. Is it just not something people do in my area or what?

2. I don't. I think it's kind of dumb haha. Like bowls are personalized already. They don't need a name! I don't have a problem with people who do name them. Idk. I think it's pointless

3. 3 of my 14 pieces have names. I never buy a piece and think what to name it. Some times they just end up with a name.

4. Not at all, I use to back in the day when I would buy a basic colored piece of glass, but I've never named a scientific piece of glass. Maybe it's because the brand logo or I usually shoot for clear glass, so it lacks some "personality." Now if you mess with artistic styles of glass it would almost be natural to name it something if it already hasn't. Of course all of this strictly depends on the owner.

5. I never named a piece personally. Not weird at all if you ask me. My good friend names all his big bongs.

6. I never name mine. Who cares. 

7. Ever see the movie Forrest Gump? It's bad luck not to name your boat. Same with a piece. Name it Jenny.

8. i like naming mine. adds a certain personality to the piece. not to mention good for stealth when talking to friends. ex.

me: hey dude want to make out with leonardo (vaporizer)?
    friend: hell yea!!
    friends mom: i think my son is gay...

9. I named my bongs and bubblers. But my regular pipes? lol nope

10. If I christen it, I name it with my friends. If I don't christen it and I just smoke it, it means it's my back up piece/side bitch and it is to be unseen and unused unless my main bitch is not with me.

I have lost enough glass that I don't have the motivation to critically think about what to name my piece and go through actually calling it any more. When you lose a named piece it's like losing your Gameboy/DS as a kid. That shit just isn't coming back and it blows.

I never name my non-glass pieces though. Like I just rather say PAX or Solo because I am referring to a known brand item to my friends that we can smoke out of. If I give them the product name it is infinitely easier for them to choose between my pieces which one to smoke rather than me naming them and showing them all and taking that extra time (I text buds and ask which one to bring a lot).

You may ask how do I refer to my glass pieces though. Well I tell them about the bowl depth and how much it can pack. I just say they are both equally deep and hit the same but one packs more because it is wider and the other is cooler to look at.

11. I name my glass and other paraphernalia after the brand.

12. lol I'll take my chances

13. #13 Old School Smoker, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    When you name your piece, it becomes un-breakable. It also makes cops pass you by with no problem when you are stoned and holding. It makes you more attractive to women/men. Your boss will give you a promotion at work and you have a 99.9% better chance of winning the lottery.

Don't be foolish. Name your piece. It's like a new addition to the family. A son, a daughter or a pet. You give those names, don't you?

14. It really depends. If a name comes to me, then I'll christen it, otherwise I'll let it go nameless.

15. i mean it all depends on how much fun you get out of naming it

getting high and naming a piece while blazed has always been a ritual of new pieces with my friends

16. #16 invinciblejets, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    naming a piece or cars is weird tho a lot of people do It

17. Not naming a piece is totally fine and acceptable, but going on a forum and asking others to name it for you...tsk tsk

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. If i have something that was made by an identifiable company, such as my magic flight launch box or ehle bong, i call them their respective titles. but I have some bowls shaped like animals, which I have named, because they were just no named pieces from the headshop

19. It's as not weird as it's not weird not naming your genitalia imo.