Custom Stash Jars

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by treechild, Jul 21, 2014.

1. hello everyone!

i've recently painted stash jars for a couple of friends (a few of which are pictured below) and thought it might be time to share with the community. they are hand painted with acrylic and sealed with a clear coat. always custom, always one of a kind. looking for feedback, opinions, commissions, ideas, etc.

anyone else on a similar grind? 

IMG_4286.jpg
    IMG_4287.jpg
    IMG_4291.jpg
    IMG_4290.jpg
    IMG_4534.jpg
    IMG_4405.JPG

stay lifted, my friends!

xx

Attached Files:

2. those are awesome! Got to say the adventure time one is probably my favorite. They look really nice

3. Awesome looking jars!

4. Would you ever be interested in selling? If I can think of a cool theme id be down to buy. Shit looks cool. I'd give you $10 for the jar and $30/h labor

5. That shits wicked cool, I would pay good money for you to pimp out my sorry looking jar. You should for sure consider work in the artistic field.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. @[member="Questabella"] & @[member="Terry"] yes i would be very happy to sell/trade for custom work! feel free to private message me with your ideas/themes/personal info and we can figure something out if you are interested!!!

xx

7. Maybe like batman vs the riddler or a pot leaf eating a poptart or one of those cute little cinnamon toast crunch squares!! Omg no I want a horizon with a bird or two CAUSE SOMETHING SOMETHING BIRD IS THE WORD

8. What kind of price are your friends paying for those? Since we can't officially 'sell' anything here, I'm just asking what 'donations' friends you've traded with have done in the past for themed work? I'd be interested in donating some green (the money kind, lol) for work that might include a portrait of my dog... :lol:

9. Subbed! Are you selling them?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #10 bluntfists, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    That's pretty awesome! If you go down to a Hobby Lobby they have all kinds of little jars for sale. I have one that's a growler style and it can hold about an 8th at a time. you could paint those and sell them :smoke:

11. #11 Guest, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    Dang, Nice jars OP. My little sibling does those and they look the same to me… but what do I know about cartoons/anime. I told my sibling to sell them and got laughed at.

12. #12 bluntfists, Jul 22, 2014
    Kind of wish I could do this lol. I know a local dispensary that will buy homemade stuff like art and sell it for you. they pay you in either weed or cash so its pretty sweet.

that adventure time one and the one with the sun are really nice. I would be happy just keeping either of those on a shelf and not even using them hehe.

13. send me a private message and we can chat about details :)

in the past i have made them as gifts for my friend's birthdays but often i will trade for bud/concentrates. cost really depends on size/content (pretty much the time it takes me to paint them) 

yes! i am not selling the particular jars pictured in the post, but rather putting feelers out for custom orders! i am open to any and all ideas and sizes. 

thank you!! i am hoping to work on some smaller scale jars in the future since these (pictured above) hold about an oz. 

that would be sweet, where are you located? 

to all: please send me a private message if you have any questions or would be interested in commissioning a custom stash jar!! :)

xx

14. #14 bluntfists, Jul 22, 2014
    you should paint a little one to look like some crazy purple nug!!! or some bacon! or a hamburger! OR THE NECRONOMICON!!

and yeah I am located in New mexico

15. What you looking at as far as pricing!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. i use to have a jar like that for my stem collection. I always just threw the buds away and blazed the stems since the buds dont even get you high.

17. prices really depend on time spent/detail requested. for the large ones (as pictured) start at about $50, smaller jars start at $30

regardless, i guarantee a quality product that's custom painted to your liking!! any theme/colors you could possible want.

18. I'd totally pay for one or two of these, how durable is the acrylic?

19. You can make a living selling those things.  Awesome!! And I like your avatar too. You are pretty :)

20. so far it has proven to be very durable! i use many coats of acrylic paint and finish them with a heavy coat of furniture grade lacquer. I have been using my personal one for over a year with no chips to the paint. so as long as you are not rolling it around in gravel, it will be ok. :) please message me with your inquiry and we can talk details!  

thank you very much!! i really am hoping to not only share my work with the stoner community but to be able to support myself as an artist as well. :)