Need Help Building My First Stealth Cab

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by 4sweetgreen20, Jul 21, 2014.

1. So is there a like a minimum height that I don't want to go below, like anything less than 4" height won't be sufficient to stabilize a plant?? Just curious cause I'm thinking of making my own container with ideal dimensions for my box to maximize amount of medium and minimize height

2. I wouldn't go less then like 6-8 inches deep. Main issue is that it will dry out too fast.

3. Alrighty 7" container depth it is lol thanks for the help. Should be posting pics of updates mon/tues. Hopefully the box turns out bongworthy lol

4. So I ordered 2 gallon smart pots that measure 8"diameter 7" height. Figure I can get two in this cab and see what happens? Also just ordered my first batch of genetics so can't wait to pop some def. females.

Fan should be here any day and I'm thinking I'll going to go with uk stoned stews carbon filter cause the pencil cases took up a lot of space in the cab without the fans.

5. I like this thread man I'm planning on doing something similar in the near future. Keep this up I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Lets smerk a berl.

6. #26 Blazin Beneto, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    Srry didn't mean to post twice.

7. Thanks man, stay tuned for the next update. Cab will be fitted and tested for light leaks tomorrow. I ended going with bongsauces DIY filter. Found the pencil cubs in staples. And got 600 grams of carbon should be good for a few rounds??

I'm torn on what medium to use?

I like now neat coco & perlite sounds but don't really wanna use nutes.

Does anyone know of a safe way to being in soil outside and kind of disinfect it to make sure there are no pests in the soil? I heard throw the soil in the microwave? Can any validate this?

8. Ok so the lights are in the cab they are synced to a digital timer ready for 18/6 for entire grow. I will be running low Ryder feminized autos. I bought the variety mix so I won't know exact strain. They should be here tomorrow. To be germed.

As for the box construction. Need to light proof my front intake arch thinking a shutter type deal?

Also I think I'm just going to make a back door but what else beside hinges would I need to light proof it and air seal it??

9. So after posting this I googled light prodding doors and an icmag thread popped up. Going to go with it. It uses reflectix and Velcro and you just roll up the door. Perfect for my situation. Might go with magnets instead of Velcro though...we'll see

10. #30 Bongsauce, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    Hi !

I have a very similar dresser grow. The way I light proofed the bottom is - I sort of made a layered zig zag light trap on the bottom. Kinda hard to explain...I'll draw a pic real quick and attach.

to lightproof and seal you'd need some thin weather stripping, a latch or 2 and maybe some furring strips to put on the inside the the door to rest against....like a door jam. This gives you a good place to put the weather stripping on.

* oh and that's a side view. I made this by simply placing 8" wide planks of wood along the bottom and leaving the middle open.

vent.JPG

11. So the beans arrive today can't wait to get a few wet. The door is going to be wood with magnet strips and that way I can completely remove it when I need to work.

As for the light trap in the front, my idea is similar to your bongs I'm going to use corner siding I have and make a stair set looking thing.

Not really sure but going to burn a bowl and walk around Home Depot and I'll find the perfect thing lol

12. have you seen the scrub ninja light traps? made out of angle pieces? Those work great for lightproofing. I use them on most of my intakes.

13. I have seen em I think you posted a link to em in another thread so I have been looking just couldn't remember the name of em. Scrubninja?? I'll start searching now but that was my basic idea

14. search ' diy: a new angle on light proof vents  '   he makes his out of angled pieces of metal, I make mine out of the plastic angle pieces for corner trim.

15. Found it! Thanks, that is what I had in mind probably remembered it subconsciously from seeing the thread a while ago

16. So everything came in today so stoked....apparently I ordered a regular short stuff mix instead of a feminized pack. Oh well I guess I'll just start a few more for the first round than expected and I'll just learn to store pollen and producing some seeds earlier than I wanted to. Making lemonade here lol. Also came with a feminized critical super silver haze. Might run her just to make sure a fem is there.

Also my fans came in today ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409179566.111877.jpg

I have 4 total going to have two for my filters and 1 in the box for circulation. Any ideas on how to best wire these? For convenience? This is the one area I am really unsure about. Thanks

17. The fans for the filters you should try to run at 12v so they run full power. I usually get my DC adapters at a thrift store.  The circulation fans on the inside can be run by lesser voltage, like a cell phone charger.  A great option is to use a dc power source with adjustable volts...that way you can adjust your fans straight from the power source. You could also get something liek a 12v 2000mA molex adapter...then it will be plug and play.

18. @[member="Bongsauce"] hey man, so having a some doubts when looking to wire these fans. I want everything to be neat and tidy and don't want to run each individual fan to it's own power outlet...so is this a molex adapter you where speaking of???
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409501403.399981.jpg

If this is will I just be able to hook these computer fans to this device, then just have to wire this device to a wire made for a wall outlet ? Would that work/ be safe?

19. this is what I meant    but you could get a fan controller too like the one you linked, then you would be able to adjust them and stuff if you want. It's up to you :)

20. Ok I see now thanks. So to avoid all wiring I could purchase both and then hook the fan speed controller to the dc adapter you linked me too.

Or will the adapter you linked be able to support 4 fans?